How Many Times a Day Does YOUR Computer Crash - Page 2

View Poll Results: How many times a day does your computer crash?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Computer is Perfect and never crashes!

40 88.89%
  • 1-2 Times a day

3 6.67%
  • 3-5 Times a day

2 4.44%
  • My computer is seriously dysfunctional

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Many Times a Day Does YOUR Computer Crash

Where is Ruslan anyone heard from him?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Originally posted by Ya_know
    I think the poll sucks. You need more options. Mine crashes maybe once a month,
    "Illegal Operation at PMT0000000

BECAUSE IT'S MY TIME OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Originally posted by Outcoded
    "Illegal Operation at PMT0000000

BECAUSE IT'S MY TIME OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Something you want to tell us Outcoded?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

My PC is not perfect, but I am!
    It's good to be the King.

My file server at home, Cartman is a PII-233 running 2k Server(It's an old Compaq Deskpro). He has over 5 months uptime. His last reboot was 10/17/02.

My system running 2000 are perfect now that I have a decent power supply in it. The work machine running 2000 is perfect too.

The machine with all high grade retail hardware running XP is kinda goofy with lots IE issues right after instal and other software issues (apps hang)l. It also needs a better PSU too but that's coming in the mail. If that doesn't fix it I will wack it and use 2000 on it too.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Originally posted by Chris_MacMahon
    my thoughts on the power up or not...

i hear more responses i turned my computer off or i rebooted now i ca't get into windows....

in the old days i belived it mattered, today not so much...

there are some theroy's about that small pulse of power frying things in your computer when you first put it on...but i think that it's hoey...(especially if you get a decent PSU, and in practice atx is never truned off, execpt when you throw the switch on the psu, or unplug)

the one to listen to and i don't know if he is still posting is RUSLAN, he know's his psu's and crap like that.
    All I will say is, don't leave systems in ATX Power Off mode, pull the plug.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Heh heh heh. I've got an athlon xp in an asus MB and win2k andyesterday I crashed no less than 10 times. Sounds awfully bad...until you realize that every one was due to one game in beta. Outside of that (and disregarding that rash of crashes I was having...and the time my first attempt at a win32 app in c++ screwed stuff up) I don't even remember the last time I crashed.
    General Darksteel, fascist dictator, socially inept and clueless demagouge, and one man army of the L.U.R.K.

Your PC crashes!!!! I haven't seen a BSOD for six months at least. I have had APP's lock up but I honestly don't know what a crash on my 2K pro looks like!

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    every single time it locked up it was due to quicktime

WinXp Pro on Msi mbo. Same here. Quicktime just about the only thing that will make it crash.

Re: How Many Times a Day Does YOUR Computer Crash

Originally posted by Orangeman
    Okay Gang,

So we're supposedly the experts, so I ask the question:

How many times a day does your computer Crash?
    I can't say my computer never crashes but it is something that maybe is more like once every so often with often being a couple of months.

Now I do shut down at night so I get a fresh re-boot in the morning and I regularly maintain my computer every Friday with defrags/scandisk (Perfect Disk) and scumware scaning (SpyBot, Ad-Aware 6)... reg cleans (EasyCleaner, RegClean, CleanReg) etc.

I still have my trusty PIII 750 Slot 1 on my original Abit BX6 2.0 with 512MB of Kingston PC133...

2 Maxtor 60GB ATA/133's on a Maxtor ATA/133 adapter card... (moving to a RAID with a fresh install here in the next two months) and a 40GB backup/data drive.

Oh lets see a orginal Abit GeForce 256 32MB AGP video card, 16X Sony DVD, 16X10X40 Yamaha CD-RW, SoundBlaster Live! sound card. I still have my old hardly used anymore ISA USRobotics 56k fax/modem all on W2k SP3 sitting behind a LinkSys BEFSRU31 router.

For what I do the computer is great (no hard gaming) and very reliable. Of course I usually format and install once a year which helps a lot too