Do You Get Sick When You Play? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Have you ever experienced nausea while playing video games?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all the time.

2 6.90%
  • Yes, but only at certain times

3 10.34%
  • Yes, but only with specific games and/or hardware

7 24.14%
  • No, never.

17 58.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do You Get Sick When You Play?

It happens occationally. It was frequent when I started playing shooters, (descent, doom etc) probably back in '95. I'd only be able to go an hour or too befre having to stop. However it subsided. It then began again a little for Quake2, probably the first game I played a lot with proper 3D rendered graphics. That passed quickly. After then I only suffered if I was already tired, already had a headache or hadn't eaten (but that would've kick started the nausia anyway).

Now generally I'm fine, but I get too stuck i my ways playing the same old games. If I was to paly something more modern than Counterstrike I bet i'd be running for the loo in no time, he he.

I'm the kinda person that gets quite sick easily, or at least I did until I was about 16 or so.

Re: Nope, Never

Originally posted by Dankman420
    Unless I'm drunk....sickness is never a problem.
    It has to do w/refresh rates. The higher you set the less likely it is for you epileptic peeps to get sick.
    Actually, this is something completely different from epileptic seizures brought on by bright/flashing lights.

Check out the linke in my original post for more information.

Time to take a Gravol and load DescentIII now.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Originally posted by WebHawg
    Dude!!! Are you insane??? OMG, if I even glance at a screen set to 60hz my eyes start to bleed (well just water at least). I seriously have to put on sunglasses in order to look at the screen to change it to 72, 75, or hopefully 85+Hz. Anyway, sorry to go off-topic, but man-o-man that just made me cringe reading that.
    Believe me ive tried and I get bad screen flicker at all other resolutions other than 60hz and 100hz.
    W

Only severe back aches and headaches after about 10 hours
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...