ASUS A7V8X Feedback

Thread: ASUS A7V8X Feedback

ASUS A7V8X Feedback

Well... after five months of flakey performance my A7V8X just gave up the ghost (it stopped recognizing the video card after a routine reboot).

Even though I fully intend to RMA the board, I still may not re-install it since I'm not exactly a satisfied customer. However I do appreciate the fact that these things happen to even the best products, so that's where you guys come in.

Was this an anomole on my part? Did I simply get stuck with a lemon the first time around and will be perfectly satisfied with a replacement, or are there others here having similar bad experiences with this board?

Thanks for the feedback...
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

After reviewing my build sheets for the last year, I see we have installed nearly 300 of these boards without any RMA's associated.

Must just be a lemon....
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Sometimes the cause of flakey system performance is a lousy power supply. Ask ILoveTheUsers.

Thanks DocPC... that's a good enough sample size for me!

As far as the power supply goes, I'm using an Antec 350 watter, plus I tried other supplies while my PC was flaking out to no avail. I think the fact that my board is now taking a permanent dirt nap suggests that it's been bad all along.
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

Just installed two with XP2400`s at home nice motherbaords and upgradable to serial harddrives too on a raid adaptor.