Stupid User logic

Thread: Stupid User logic

Stupid User logic

someone please help me explain this logic.

You are a USER. You work second shift. You moved to a different department, and since the PC you used was also used by 3 other people, you left it behind. Your email and other misc stuff was setup on an older spare PC. You call IT and tell the tech(me) that your PC is runing really poorly. the Tech(me) tells you that he is loading up a new PC for you and it will be finished soon. You see tech in hall and give him your passwords so he can finish setting up your PC. the Tech tells you that he will bring the PC to you tomorrow. Your PC msyteriously dies later that day. It won't boot, saying that NTLDR is missing(there is no floppy disk in the drive). you will be getting a new PC tomorrow, what do you do?

A: Do nothing and wait for your new PC to arrive tomorrow

B: Call IT and leave a voicemail for the tech explaining the situation

C: Completely disconnect everything from your computer, take the PC, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and power cords and neatly set them under someone else's desk.

If you said C: you are absolutly correct.

all i can say to that is WTF????
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

The "'snot my fault" syndrome perhaps?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

pathetic. I've had that happen before

What PC????
    NTLDR, whats that? A PC needs that?

out of site, out of mind.

I had the same error last week and actually fixed it without reloading. just copied a few critical system files from another working pc to the bad one.
    It's good to be the King.

User: It tells me there is an invalid system disk

IT: Is there a floppy in the floppy drive

User: I don't know, what difference does it make it says the disk is invalid anyway.

IT: well if you have left a floppy in the drive it wont boot to the hard disk, just lean down and push the eject button on the floppy

(gear sound of cd opening)

User: There is no floppy in the drive

IT: Now could you do the same thing for the floppy that you just did for the CD-rom?

USER: Look I am not an idiot, I just checked the floppy and there is not one in it. You are just going to have to come down here and actually work.

IT: So if I come down there and there is a floppy in the drive are you buying lunch?

USER: Look what kind of morron do you think I am? (sound of IT choking back the laughter) Sure I'll buy.

IT: (Moments later when the floppy is removed from drive and windows opening chord has played) So you like steak? I love steak.

1) 16 ounce prime rib $21.00
    1) Glass of wine $5.50
    1) Side of oysters rock $16.00
    1) User eating crow $priceless
    Last edited by Tacit_k; April 2nd, 2003 at 04:55 PM.

Originally posted by Tacit_k
    ...IT: So if I come down there and there is a floppy in the drive are you buying lunch?...
    Must remember that one.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Banned
    I love that one, but would soooo get fired. Hate working in such an anal place!!!

I wish I had that luck... what would and has happened to me is...

after a 4 hour drive starting at 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon, I finially arrive at the store to find the system booted and working properly.

User: Oh, yeah, there was a floppy in teh drive. I forgot to call. Weve been busy. But thanks anyways!

Me: *STOMPS OUT DOOR AND HEADS TO NEAREST BAR*
    W

Originally posted by Diver01
    I wish I had that luck... what would and has happened to me is...
    This is how that scenario would play out for me, assuming I was in your shoes...

after a 4 hour drive starting at 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon, I finially arrive at the store to find the system booted and working properly.

User: Oh, yeah, there was a floppy in teh drive. I forgot to call. Weve been busy. But thanks anyways!

Me: Oh, ok. I know how being busy can make you forget things, but there are some things you should not forget. Here is your bill. (Hands over bill for 8 hours driving time and standard 1 hour minimum charge.) Notifies boss of situation, let him know I am going to the bar.

If someone wasted that much of a Friday for me, along with my having to stumble to a hotel b/c I was so pissed off I had to drink it away...well, let's just say they will pay - enough to make sure they don't forget next time.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.