AutoCAD 2004

Thread: AutoCAD 2004

AutoCAD 2004

We are currently in the testing phase of deploying ACAD 2004 and everything seems to be going well.

However, we tested plotting to our .PC3 file that we use to send to our Printer (US Reprographics) and the plot files when opened with Apprentice have noticeable lines through the PolyLine Portions of our Test Plot File. These Plot fine with the same .pc3 settings in 2ki.

I guess the best way to describe it is to tell you that the Poly lines are created with a lineweight beginning at 1 and ending a 20 to give a sharp pointed triangle. Works pretty good for looking for printing flaws, etc. But under 2k4 with the same settings, the polylines appear to have lines through them horizontally. When you zoom in on the drawing, it almost looks like the normally solid triangle has been cut into small blocks and then arranged together.

Any ideas?
    You Know!?!.....That Little Button that SAYS "Start" in the lower left hand corner!

Two things:

Make sure your plotter has the latest drivers. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of plotter manufacturers go out of business and their plotters quickly become obsolete because there are no new drivers being written. I've thrown out several plotters that were originally purchased for tens of thousands of dollars, simply because there were no new drivers available.

Second, I have had limited success importing pen settings from previous versions of AutoCAD to the next version. Try creating the PC3 file from scratch, along with a new CTB file or whatever they're calling it in Acad2004.