Out of 4 workstations, 1 can't loggin in browser to access web

Thread: Out of 4 workstations, 1 can't loggin in browser to access web

Out of 4 workstations, 1 can't loggin in browser to access web

Okay all, we have a web ramp 700 as a firewall. It's setup for when anyone wants to go online to the net, they have to enter user name and password. We all share the same password and username to keep it simple.

Problem: 3 out of the 4 workstations can log into I.E 6 no problem. But the last workstation, when you enter user and password, it pretends like nothing happens, as if your entering the wrong information. The info for the User and password or on the firewall and not on the workstations themselves, so there shouldn't be nothing worng with the firewall. What is wrong with the workstation.

Here's what happened: Beforer the workstation started goofing up, it came up with mjava.dl errorl and it would kick you out of IE. I repalced mjava.dll with another one from a different workstation, and ever since then, that workstation doesn't log in to the browser anymore.

Any clues?
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

Reinstall java in safe mode, run a repair of ie6 while you are at it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

How would I go about reinstalling Java in safemode. Same thing with IE6, would'nt I have to go to Microsofts website to do that?

Start, settings, control panel, add/remove programs - internet explorer is there... click on it and then add/remove. It will offer you the repair option.

As for java - do you use ms java or sun?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Nevermind guys, all I did was turned off the firewall and went online from that computer then turned the firewall back on. It works now the way it should.