What happened
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened

What happened

Not trying to continue the discussion in the thread but what happened to ya_know's post about the flag. Was something bad said or was it just the discussion in general?
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

He must have deleted it.......ask him.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Well, for those that were really upset about it, I removed the Iraqi flag

Ya and added a new thread to burn the american flag. :butt:
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Originally posted by A+Tech
    Well, for those that were really upset about it, I removed the Iraqi flag
    Normally I do not post over here in the Tech Lounge but this time I chose to.

A+, you truly disgust me. To me it seems like you got deep issues.

I could go off on whatever direction but I aint gonna play that game and this is the only time you will hear from me here.

But dude, I would like to see you sport that little flag burning stance in front of a Marine base. It's easy to sit back behind the keyboard and try to take your little pot shots but what have you done in your life that could be considered by anyone as honorable?

By your actions you truly prove what kind of person you are.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

I'm gonna post this and I'll end with this. I don't burn the flag, never have and I never will. I support our troops and the actions they are taking to liberate the Iraqi people so there country can be a better place. When I originally put up the Iraqi flag, it was just to see what people would think. I, in know way, support the Iraqi government but I wanted to see how many closed minded people we have around here that would jump my sh1t. Unfortunately, I found out it was way to many for my liking. It truly upset me to see a community that is generally so strong to combat with each other so much over their own opinions. Everyone has their own but it really seems like everyone has been attempting to pose their own on others as of late and it's disgusting; hence the reason I've stayed out of the majority of the war discussions. My post here, the change of my avatar (which will be taken down shortly) and most concerning the flag burning was to show you how bad someone could be if they trully wanted to piss you off, REALLY piss you off. For all of those that say I'm unamerican, I support the Iraqis or that I have no clue what I take for granted in terms of my freedom, **** you. You have no idea how I feel about any of those things because I haven't given anyone around here the time of day to know. All you can go on is a few simple pictures and assumptions of the way you think I feel. It saddens me that what I thought was a strong group of individuals, has turned, for the most part, into a group of secluded individuals. For those of you who understood what I was doing in my previous post that was deleted, namely Cleetus, Grover AND Kato I believe, I thank you for turning aside prejudices and understanding what I was trying to do. For the rest of you, understand what I'm saying and if you choose to post more nonsense about the way you think I feel or how anti-american I am, read and re-read until you understand. And then if you don't, go slap your k-12 teachers cause they didn't teach you a damn thing.
    Last edited by ephmynus; April 9th, 2003 at 10:47 PM.

a burning US flag? thats just not cool man. i stayed out of the Iraqi flag thread. i understood what you were doing, i don't agree with it, but i understood. you wanted to see what people would say. well what did you think they would say? you had to know it would cause problems, that people are going to get pissed and b!tch you out for it.

but to then go and use a burning US flag? what good is that gonna do? stir up a hornets nest and cause more problems on the board. is that what you're trying to do? stir **** up?
    Last edited by Budd; April 9th, 2003 at 10:28 PM.
    take care and tempt not the fates

For those of you who understood what I was doing in my previous post that was deleted, namely Cleetus and Grover I believe, I thank you for turning aside prejudices and understanding what I was trying to do.
    hey I got it from the beginning . . . . . but do I get mentioned
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I edit my previous post to include kato as well, my bad man

Originally posted by Buddy Holly
    a burning US flag? thats just not cool man. i stayed out of the Iraqi flag thread. i understood what you were doing, i don't agree with it, but i understood. you wanted to see what people would say. well what did you think they would say? you had to know it would cause problems, that people are going to get pissed and b!tch you out for it.

but to then go and use a burning US flag? what good is that gonna do? stir up a hornets nest and cause more problems on the board. is that what you're trying to do? stir **** up?
    The point is that no one bothered to ask my side they only assumed. I could have put up a picture of Bea Arthur crappin on a sidewalk and say it was in protest of the war. Atleast then most people would have the decency to ask what it signified. Instead of asking, everyone assumed; and for all those that know, assumption is the mother of all f**kups.

what the hell did i miss?

The point is that no one bothered to ask my side they only assumed. I could have put up a picture of Bea Arthur crappin on a sidewalk and say it was in protest of the war. Atleast then most people would have the decency to ask what it signified. Instead of asking, everyone assumed; and for all those that know, assumption is the mother of all f**kups.
    Using a buring flag to make a point. The only point you made is that you need to learn how to make a point.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    what the hell did i miss?
    Quite a bit of people getting pissed off but you didn't miss a whole lot of understanding

Originally posted by GokuSS2
    Using a buring flag to make a point. The only point you made is that you need to learn how to make a point.
    I think you need to start slapping your k-12 teachers...

I did ask you. I asked and you said you did it because you could, and just to piss people off. Not because you supported anything about troops, liberation, or the Iraqi people. You forced me and others to then assume; I asked and you provided nothing! “Because you could” was not a good enough reason for me or the troops that are taking fire every day. I delete the thread. Just like they would in the pre-liberated Iraq. The difference over there: you, all that supported you, and all of your families would have been hunted down, tortured in front of you, then killed.

What has your freedom granted you..? You now have the power to voice your own opinion, and maintain your own control of it. I can't delete this thread, nor would I do so if I could, because it is yours. That last thread was mine and the outcome disgusted me. Grow up, and show some worldly respect for that which you don’t.

BTW, I am glad I didn’t see the burning flag, but it doesn’t matter, your protest, in the manor you have performed it, is credit less, and childish. Do you know what it takes to fight a war with your own hands, to watch people die, and to kill? Those people are the only ones that should have the freedoms you so readily trample on and take for granted…