Siig Sound Card In Windows XP

Thread: Siig Sound Card In Windows XP

Question Siig Sound Card In Windows XP

I have been using my Siig SoundWave 128 PCI card (Yamaha chips) in Win98 with no problem. I recently changed to Windows XP Home and after finishing the installation the sound card worked fine for a few days. Then for some reason, I don't know what, there is no sound. When I go to Device manager - properites, it says "device working properly" but when I click on Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Audio Tab everything is grayed out and the default device windows read "No Playback Devices" and "No Recording Devices". When I try to use the disc that came with the card XP rejects it. I went to the Siig driver download site and found the listing for what I need but it was not abvailable as a download giving the message "included in the operation syatem." So then I went back to the Win XP install disk and tried to reinstall the drivers but was told, "best drivers for this device already installed". I even reinstalled XP but it still says the same things I reported above. Any Ideas?

You could try removing the device in device manager and rebooting to let windows reinstall the drivers

Thanks, I tried that over and over again. But every time I did that It reappeared as if I had never removed it. It would not let me reinstall because it won't let me get rid of what's already there. I even went into the registry to try and zap it but could not find any reference to it. However, when I reboot it's there again. It won't let me take the drivers out and it won't let me put any more in.
    DVJ

Physically remove it from the slot on the motherboard... system restore is kindly putting it back for you. If you uninstall the drivers, then immediately shut down and remove the card, then when you reboot you should be able to remove anything else hanging around. Look in device manager and click view, show hidden devices and make sure that its all gone.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

NooNoo,
    THANKS. That did it!
    DVJ,

my pleasure.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."