Phillips Dynamic Edge 4.1 - No sound period.

View Poll Results: Should I go to Philips Company HQ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, with torches and pitchforks!

1 33.33%
  • Yes, with a guerilla squad.

1 33.33%
  • Yes, with disgruntled postal workers and techs.

1 33.33%
  • No, they're not that evil.

0 0%

Thread: Phillips Dynamic Edge 4.1 - No sound period.

Threaded View

Angry Phillips Dynamic Edge 4.1 - No sound period.

Okay, I've been hammering at this thing for hours.

I installed a Phillips 4.1 soundcard into this computer (566mhz Celeron eMachine with onboard crystal sound and intel i810)

It worked... for a time. Then, inexplicably, no sound. I check the 'Agent Control Panel' and it says that 'failed to load PSA2 driver' Okay... I look over at the multimedia control panel (to set the crystal onboard as default) - and both the comboboxes are grayed out.

Next spot to check - System Control Panel: Device Manager.

Device manager says that nothing's wrong. Oookay.. I uninstall and reinstall twice (both sets of drivers for the crystal and the philips - damn you Philips) No dice.

Now, I've seen odd things happen in windows. Be a tech long enough, and you'll probably even see a non-hacked 'ALL YOUR BASE'. But this is driving me MAD! I've even removed the philips and just tried to get the crystal to work. No good.

I believe that the install prog for the Philips messed with the Multimedia control panel.

One of the few things I have not tried yet is a reinstall of Windows. I'm holding that to the last - rebuilding the apps and settings on this system would be a pain, especially when it's a client's system.

And may I say DAMN YOU PHILIPS FOR MAKING THE ONLY WAY TO INSTALL YOUR SOUNDCARD IS TO RUN A PROGRAM THAT KEEPS LOCKING UP!!!!! (Caps intentional there)

Philips 4.1

Philips 4.1

[EDIT: Just moving the smiles over...]
    Last edited by 10of40; April 11th, 2003 at 06:48 PM.
    "I aspire sir, to be better than I am." -- Data, Star Trek: Nemesis