server/workstation issue

Thread: server/workstation issue

server/workstation issue

i am currently running w2k server on one machine and winxp pro on the other. they are conected through a standard 100mbps hub. the server is currently a domain controller and a dhcp server. remote admin is enabled on the server.
    at first everything worked fine, but now i cannot see the server from the workstation. i can ping it, and remote desktop works fine, but i cannot browse it on the network, or log onto the domain.
    ipconfig /all gives all the correct responses, but nslookup does not seem to be able to find the server, it gives the correct ip address and then says server not found.
    im not really sure but this seems to be a dns issue, however i havent changed dns settings since i set it up, when everything worked. am a bit stuck on this one, any ideas?
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

This sounds like some similar issues that I have experienced. Yes, it does seem like a DNS issue. If you can look at your tables. Also, veryify that you have all your DNS information entered correctly.
    To each his/her own.

hmmm, will have a look. the odd thing is that it worked, to start with, but now doesnt. the only thing ive done is install terminal services, which shouldnt have messed with dns, as far as i know, but will check.
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

check your WINS settings on both pcs..

good luck

Assumption is the mother of all F_.ck ups