dell power supply - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dell power supply

runonce as well
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You are beggining to really annoy me...
    First of all when you quote someone, quote the complete thought so as not to manipulate what you want it to sound like. Second, I do not install anything illegal and said nothing about that! Your little punt about that is unjustified. And Ya_Know was right, I was flaming ME not you.
    To each his/her own.

Originally posted by CJK
    First of all when you quote someone, quote the complete thought so as not to manipulate what you want it to sound like. Second, I do not install anything illegal and said nothing about that! Your little punt about that is unjustified. And Ya_Know was right, I was flaming ME not you.
    Now who is not reading the whole post as it was intended?

Is it that time of the month already guys? I have done more locking and pming today than I have all month!!! (ps CJK this was intended as a general comment about the whole forum, not just your reply )
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I said bygones, but I guess not
    Originally posted by CJK
    well I guess that ruins my day
    Originally posted by CJK

First of all when you quote someone, quote the complete thought so as not to manipulate what you want it to sound like.
    I only quoted the point I wanted to respond to. it had nothing to do with manipulation and everything to do with being clear and concise as to what I was responding to.
    Originally posted by CJK

Second, I do not install anything illegal and said nothing about that! Your little punt about that is unjustified.
    I didn't say you told me to install something illegal, but if she doesn't have a 98 license, then what am I going to do once I ditch ME? give her a system with no OS?
    Originally posted by CJK
    And Ya_Know was right, I was flaming ME not you.
    I did misunderstand that.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Originally posted by CJK
    Not to start flames all over the place, but you were the first to quote anyone only partially in this thread. Go back and reread...

Originally posted by CJK
    I was flaming ME not you.
    Taken out of context, that is pretty funny...

Set my self up for that one.

Touche!
    To each his/her own.

got all her dell cds. surprisingly no auto restore. they actually packaged a winme installation cd and all the other programs seperately. . . . oh well

used partition magic to set up the drive. installed ME without a hitch. added hardware in one by one. then started installing programs. it's running beautifully. . . . . like a champ.

big props to Noo Noo for the registrar link. that little program saved my a$$ before I started the reformat / reinstall because she did not give me the cd-key. I was able to pull it from the reg despite not being able to boot into windows. HOW COOL IS THAT!

Originally posted by kato2274

big props to Noo Noo for the registrar link. that little program saved my a$$ before I started the reformat / reinstall because she did not give me the cd-key. I was able to pull it from the reg despite not being able to boot into windows. HOW COOL IS THAT!
    way to go Kato... the link was easy, using it was the hard bit!

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Originally posted by kato2274
    got all her dell cds. surprisingly no auto restore. they actually packaged a winme installation cd and all the other programs seperately. . . .
    HOLY COW! I thought it'd been decades since any 'tier one' computer company did that
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by FatalException0E
    HOLY COW! I thought it'd been decades since any 'tier one' computer company did that
    I know and this was actually one time when I was hoping to get a restore set as opposed to individual progs cds

Angry NOW WHAT

after watching this machine run great at work and getting it really done up nice, I deliver it, collect my $100 for the reload and tweaking, give her my home number just in case. well she calls and it's rebooting again. just plugged it in the first time (I'm a little skeptical of that - but who knows?)

I told her to bring it back and we'd run it at her desk and in the computer room and she if we can reproduce the behavior.

I explained that it may be a power problem in her house and that the particular circut it's on may be getting a bit overloaded or the powerstrip / outlet could be spiking or sagging causing the reboots.

am I missing anything. what can I do if it runs fine for me on the bench for 2 days and at her desk tommorow morning?