Computer show

Thread: Computer show

Computer show

I'm headed to the computer show this saturday. There's a convention center in my area that has tons of stuff for sale at the show. Gonna grab a refurb monitor or two and prolly a mobo, maybe some case mod stuff or some nick nacks or somthing.

There's no real point to this post, I'm just excited.

Banned

i went to a computer show a week or two ago , it was kinda disapointing they didnt have anything i was looking for and all the computer boothes didnt have any wireless pci cards NONE OF THEM.

for me it was a waste of 7 bucks to get in but my brother got a nice looking case with 300 watt power supply for 27 bucks.

i think i would have been better off using my 7 bucks at wendsy and get a double stack.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    The last time I went to a computer store I told myself I would absolutely not spend more than $100....Since if I did, my bank account would fold in on itself and suck the solar system into oblivion.

At the first booth I get to, some guy has a 15k RPM 9GB U160 Seagate for $43....kaCHING, I'm $43 closer to destroying the world. A little while later I see someone peddling a 21" monitor (a little old, but still great clarity) for $100. The fact that we are all alive and reading this today should tell you I don't have a 21" monitor
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by FatalException0E
    The last time I went to a computer store I told myself I would absolutely not spend more than $100....Since if I did, my bank account would fold in on itself and suck the solar system into oblivion.

At the first booth I get to, some guy has a 15k RPM 9GB U160 Seagate for $43....kaCHING, I'm $43 closer to destroying the world. A little while later I see someone peddling a 21" monitor (a little old, but still great clarity) for $100. The fact that we are all alive and reading this today should tell you I don't have a 21" monitor
    At that price I would have risked the overdraft!
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

There's overdrafting the account and there is getting denied. I'd spare myself the embaressment and walk out with just the HD too...
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gollo
    There's overdrafting the account and there is getting denied. I'd spare myself the embaressment and walk out with just the HD too...
    ...and besides, I woulda had to chop my desk up to fit the thing.

Oh, what am I saying? It woulda been worth it.

Ah well, there's a show coming up this weekend, and I have a little spare change this time.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

It might have been worth it. I have one of those old 21" 100lb monitors next to my desk at work. We use it for an Openview reporting system (monitors routers to check if they are down). So we have this 21" monitor on a machine with a 1mb video card 'cause it makes so much sense.

Well I am plain excited cos you are excited....have fun
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    It might have been worth it. I have one of those old 21" 100lb monitors next to my desk at work. We use it for an Openview reporting system (monitors routers to check if they are down). So we have this 21" monitor on a machine with a 1mb video card 'cause it makes so much sense.
    Makes as much sense as what I see at work...21" monitors, but the damn nurses absolutely REFUSE to get themselves new prescription for eyeglasses, so the resolution is cranked down to 640x480.

Ugly....ugly....ugly...
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

When I used to work for a small computer shop I loved when the shows came around. It meant I would be swamped with work from people buying stuff then not being able to install it because they didn't know the slightest thing about computers. Of course every system that came in with that stuff paid the minimum one hour labor charge because none of it was from us (we didn't sell at shows).
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way. ---Pink Floyd

Originally posted by paraflyer
    Makes as much sense as what I see at work...21" monitors, but the damn nurses absolutely REFUSE to get themselves new prescription for eyeglasses, so the resolution is cranked down to 640x480.

Ugly....ugly....ugly...
    OMG! I just put another network monitoring machine up to 1024x768 from 640x480. WTF is the point of having a 21" monitor running on a machine that has a 1mb vid card!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Mayet
    Well I am plain excited cos you are excited....have fun

I buyin' a ton of computery goodness!!!!!

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar
    $7 to get in WOW!!

They should be paying you to get rid of their Junk!!!
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!