Accident
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Accident

Accident

Boy I got a scare this morning. Woke up to a phone call from my mom tellingme she had been in an accident the night before. After she convinced me that she and my sister where all right she gave me some of the details. The guy was taveling about over 100kph (like 50+mph). She has to meet with the police to see who they say was at fault. I was just glad nobody was hurt. Now we have to fight it out with the insurance company. (This is Central America mind you. They don't just give you the money and raise your premium. That would be to easy )

More Pictures
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Glad to hear Mom and sis are ok Gollo. Just WHAT was that guy driving to mess up that S-10 like that?
    #3 1951-2001

Originally posted by weazel
    Glad to hear Mom and sis are ok Gollo. Just WHAT was that guy driving to mess up that S-10 like that?
    Check the other pics and you'll see that it was one of those old built-like-a-tank chevy blazers. The thing had a diesel engine and a HUGE cattle pusher on the front of it. From the looks of it it didn't get hurt to bad! (Maybe my mom should get one of those!!! )
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

Looks to me like your mom's pickup held up pretty well. Good to hear everyone made it through ok. I assume that because of the apparent frame damage the vehicle is inoperable?
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Originally posted by KINGofBLEH
    Looks to me like your mom's pickup held up pretty well. Good to hear everyone made it through ok. I assume that because of the apparent frame damage the vehicle is inoperable?
    It's not inoperable in that it can't be driven but I wouldn't want her to drive it if she doesn't have to. I don't think she's gonna move it until the insurance people get out there and then she's going to get a flat bed and have it taken to the dealership so they can fix it.

And yes it did hold up well. My sister was on the passenger side and she has little more than sore muscles and a few bumps.

Originally posted by KINGofBLEH
    Believe it or not, it doesn't look as though there is any structural damage, mostly unibody type repair. It depends on how much the truck is worth, as to how much it will cost to fix it. Without knowing the truck, or seeing the damage first hand, I would guess it is just above the $3000 mark. If the truck is still worth 10k then it is reparable.

Glad to hear everyone is ok. It definately looks like a solid, teeth shattering hit! At that angle, expect them to have some neck problems. It could take weeks to really recover.

What country was that in? We don't have any full 4 door compact chevy pickups..

and ya_know hit it in the spot - looks like no structural damage, just new doors and some straightening.. may even be below 3 grand in your country.
    You are born small and you die small. How you are in between is up to you.

oh and by the way, that hit did not happen at 50mph, 15 at most.

glad to hear everyones ok

and yeah i agree with it being less speed than 100k's

I could imagine a side on at that speed and it aint purty
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    What country was that in? We don't have any full 4 door compact chevy pickups..

and ya_know hit it in the spot - looks like no structural damage, just new doors and some straightening.. may even be below 3 grand in your country.
    Honduras, CA.

You don't have that the 4 door blazer out there in cali? We have them up here in Michigan and have had them for about a year now. The only difference between that chevy and the ones here are the front nose. The ones here look just like a regular s-10 with the extra cab.

Yeah I don't think it will be to much to get fixed down there (labor is cheap). I just want it done right. You're right about structural damage though. It looks like it's all replaceable stuff with no damage to either the drive train or the chasis.

As for the speed that's what the "police" (if you want to call them that ) down there said. Hopefully that is true and they rule in favor of my mom!!! Thanks for the input though.

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    oh and by the way, that hit did not happen at 50mph, 15 at most.
    I have to disagree with 15. 50, probably not either. The other truck may have been doing 50 when he slammed on the brakes, and slowed some before hitting this one. However, this hit was square, and in the hardest part of the truck. I would guess between 30 and 40MPH...

I am really happy everyone is OK. When I was a Kid, my dad always told me you cant replace a person, but a car is just metal and fabric.

There was a gigantic wreck outside our house yesterday, involving a Porche Boxter and an SUV. The Porsche was turning left on a green arrow and the SUV run the Red, and went over the top of the Porsche. The Porsche was completely flatterned and the Fire Dept were cutting the driver out. 2 Care flight Helicopters were called in too. Nasty Stuff and I really hope they are alll doing well. The SUV driver was unhurt.
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

i hang out on automotive message boards and have NEVER seen that pickup..

Is it an S-10? what is it ??

And I disagree that the accident happened at 40mph either. The other party was driving a bronco (from my memory of the picture from 2 days ago) and the pickup truck would have been in much worse shape.

I hit a person at aroudn 15-20mph and that's about what the impact looked like..

My apologies on two things.

1. You are right, it doesn't look like 15-20mph.. 30-35 would be more appropriate.

2. We were both wrong on the damage. Look at the picture above - you can see the bed is twisted, cab is pushed sideways, the rear tire is not even, and since its a live axle in the back then it took a LOT to make it uneven.

The truck is most likely totalled because the damage looks bad - frame, axle, bed, cab, doors, interior..

I want to learn more about the truck !!! Its a turbo ?!?!?! Is it 4wd ?

i was right, its not sold in the US. Mexico and south america..