Accident - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Accident

I guess no one saw my sarcasm... I'm well aware that you could flip any vehicle out there, but with subaru's AWD / suspension its pretty hard.
    You are born small and you die small. How you are in between is up to you.

Originally posted by Ya_know
    It really isn't that hard; most have a very awkward center of gravity. I went by one on the freeway, this one was old, had to be from the late 70's, maybe first part of the 80's. The guy went off the road; no one else was involved that I could tell. Two draped sheets along side the vehicle as the Highway Patrol gathered evidence...very grim. I guess he was flying, passed out and just slipped right off of the road.

There are a few cars out there that are near impossible to flip, but then they all can flip when you factor the speed traveled. Even a Viper can roll if you yank the wheel at 100+mph and don’t consider the consequences…
    Oh, Subaru, I thought you guys were talking about a Suburban, when I recalled the one I saw rolled over, anyway, same rule applies, speed and lack of regard for the current conditions, you can flip anything…

Originally posted by Gollo
    Update:

Well I finally got some info about the underbody of the truck.

The chassis is bent. It is in a "V" shape and has shifted 6-8 inches. Also the fluid that is in the pictures is not water. It is oil. I'm thinking that it is not engine oil though more likely it is oil from the 4x4 transfer case.
    Gollo, I deal with body shops every day at my other job...I've never written an estimate...but I'd say that's easily totaled. Seeing as how the left side of the bed broke loose from the rest...that would mean a new bed (or a salvage yard one).
    But with a frame as severely bent as that, even if they did manage to straighten it, it would be weak in that spot.
    Hope the insurance man comes up with mucho dinero!
    #3 1951-2001

Originally posted by weazel
    Gollo, I deal with body shops every day at my other job...I've never written an estimate...but I'd say that's easily totaled. Seeing as how the left side of the bed broke loose from the rest...that would mean a new bed (or a salvage yard one).
    But with a frame as severely bent as that, even if they did manage to straighten it, it would be weak in that spot.
    Hope the insurance man comes up with mucho dinero!
    Well the bed didn't move. It was the cab that moved and is off kilter so that would make it even worse I guess right? Anyways, yeah my mom said that the insurance looks like they are gonna cover all of it wichever way they decide to go. I'm hoping and praying that they will total it and we can get a new one.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Oops Gollo...I looked back at that pic... now i do see that that is the back of the cab peeking around the bed...so this apprentice appraiser says....TOTAL IT and give da lady a new truck!
    #3 1951-2001

Originally posted by weazel
    Oops Gollo...I looked back at that pic... now i do see that that is the back of the cab peeking around the bed...so this apprentice appraiser says....TOTAL IT and give da lady a new truck!
    [crosses_fingers]I'm really hoping that's what they decide.[/crosses_fingers]
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Glad to hear everyone is well. Hope things pan out and they total it and don't opt to fix.