Touchpad Mouse not working

Thread: Touchpad Mouse not working

Question Touchpad Mouse not working

I have an RM Pentium 3 notebook with a touchpad mouse. It is running Windows Millennium Edition. This notebook was purchased second hand, so I do not have a copy of Windows Me.

The problem I am having is that the touchpad mouse has stopped working (it was previously behaving erratically).

I have installed drivers for an external PS2 mouse and this is working OK, however, I would like to have the option to be able to use the touchpad once more.

Any ideas?

First of all, if you were not given the Windows ME licence with the sale, you have not legal right to use the operating system just because it was on there.

So you will need to do one of the following, contact the previous owner and ask if the licence was part of the sale, if so, could you have the licence and cd. If it was not part of the sale you should go and buy a copy of Windows ME.

In order to solve your touchpad problem we will need full details of the make and model of the laptop in order to direct you to the driver downloads for the laptop.

It is also worth knowing that touchpad mouses get abused and quit working after being bathed in any kind of beverage or have been used with dirty fingers. It may be that this has happened to your laptop and the mess cleaned up but has left the touchpad in only a semi working condition.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The make and model I am using is an RM GT7000 Series. Pentium 3, 128MB RAM.

Touchpad driver Note that this driver is for windows 95/98

Instructions to install are here

All drivers and downloads are here Type in GT7000 in the search box to find drivers for your laptop.

Finally you will note that the drivers are for 95 and 98 - most will work under ME - this means that the laptop was reloaded with ME and it is not the original os supplied with the laptop.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."