Looking for mouse utilily to speed up mouse beyond driver settings

Thread: Looking for mouse utilily to speed up mouse beyond driver settings

Looking for mouse utilily to speed up mouse beyond driver settings

I'm using a MS explorer mouse. I would like to speed the mouse up even more then the MS intellipoint drivers will let me go. I think I read about a util that did this, but it was on a gaming site and I've had no luck finding it again. Anyone have/use anything like this?

Thanks for any info.

Well I am confus-ed , so what on earth do you mean by "speed the mouse up even more then the MS intellipoint drivers will let me go" .... faster click speed, more movement of the pointer in comparrison to your hand ... what ? Like I said I'm ....

More sensitivity. Movement of the pointer across your screen.

Seriously...have you taken the ball out of the mouse and cleaned the rollers? It doesn't take much crap in there to make the cursor jump around on you.
    I'd have to suggest getting an optical mouse if you want greater sensitivity.

lol, nice pic.

I'm currently using a MS Explorer optical mouse, I didn't think to say optical since I've not bought a "ball" mouse in 4 yrs.

I once saw a utility on a gamers site that allowed you to speed up/increase your mouse sensitivity even higher then your drivers would allow you to. It was for a FPS game, like quake. It made it so sensitive that you could move your mouse 1/4" an inch and your char would practicily spin 360 degrees. I'm working on a project that this would be good for, but I can;t seem to find a util like this anywhere.

I hate hitting enter too quick...

I just googled "increase sensitivity"

Edit: This is a useful explanation about what you are asking about Infuriatingly it mentions such utils, but only links to a util to increase the hertz, not the dpi.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

... oh I get it ....

You can of course increase the 'speed' with the mouse interface in control panel .... I take it that's up full whack?

Generally with quake & the like there's loads of command line parameters for doing stuff like this, so you'd need to ask on a game site for whatever game ... but you want something more general ... ?

I looked in the reg & in XP there's two values in the key Hkey_current_user/control panel/mousekeys which might be of use, there's Maximumspeed and Timetomaximumspeed (lag)... at a guess twiddling with these might produce the desired .... works here! ... thank you for making me find it

try here http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/mouse/ these guys usually have some good tips and tweaks. i'll keep searching if you cant find what you need there
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.