Gigabyte and duron heat issues...

Thread: Gigabyte and duron heat issues...

Unhappy Gigabyte and duron heat issues...

I've been using Gigabyte and duron setups for over a year now, I've found that one in three or so is overheating well beyond the given specs. Any ideas?
    ga- 7vkml, and vkmls and 7vkmp, duron 1100, 1200 and 1300 processors with stock taisol heatsink tried amd approved heatsinks too, not much better.

how hot are we talking?
    If its not broke, then upgrade anyways!

Who ever said computers were logical?

I have a gigabyte 7iex4 board with a duron 800 - it normally idled at 150F climbing to 175F when under full load (eg rendering) For a while I was worried sick... then I updated the bios - temps dropped by 10F. No amount of cooling or artic silver has ever changed it - it just runs apparently hot. I can only assume that the board monitor itself is out of wack.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    I have a gigabyte 7iex4 board with a duron 800 - it normally idled at 150F climbing to 175F when under full load (eg rendering) For a while I was worried sick... then I updated the bios - temps dropped by 10F. No amount of cooling or artic silver has ever changed it - it just runs apparently hot. I can only assume that the board monitor itself is out of wack.
    Yeah thats my guess too. I say as long as its still working... burn baby burn!
    If its not broke, then upgrade anyways!

Who ever said computers were logical?