Exchange 2000 POP Question

Thread: Exchange 2000 POP Question

Exchange 2000 POP Question

Just finished getting out Exchange 2000 server online and happy. I have about 150 users, each with their own seperate POP3 mailbox hosted elsewhere.
    What would you recommend using as a "POP3 Connector" to download pop mail into exchange and also send internet email out through the pop boxes?

Tried "ExchangePop3" which looked great, but I couldn't get it to run for the life of me! "GFI Mailessentials" was a pain, too.

For this project, price isnt an issue! woohoo!
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Why don't you have the mail boxes locally? If they spent the money for Exchange you should use something a little better than pop
    A+ Net+ MCP CCNA

When I came on the scene, the exchange server was used only for internal emails and only a few people had external email access (security reasons). Now pretty much everyone NEEDS email.
    One of the other avenues I'm looking into is doing the hosting ourselves...
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

If cost really isnt' an issue windows 2003 server has pop smtp services now built in. If you are planning on keeping pop then this might be a really good deal. jut licence it per server and you can have multiple domains adn unlimited email addresses (well capacity of your server) you can place this in your DMZ and any internal email can be set to forward to your exchange server.

if they have exchange licences for everyone just have the whole organization on exchange forget haveing someone else host your mail.

Hope this helps a bit
    A+ Net+ MCP CCNA