How many kittens does it take to cover the seats in my camaro?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many kittens does it take to cover the seats in my camaro?

How many kittens does it take to cover the seats in my camaro?

Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

As evidence of the trade he has collected:

A blanket made out of four golden retrievers, bought in Copenhagen

Individual cat skins complete with eye-holes, paws and tails, bought in Barcelona

A full-length coat made out of up to 42 Alsatian puppies, bought in Berlin

It's good to be the King.

looks like PETA needs to move their HQ to europe.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

wonder if they only use dogs and cats that dont shed

When you see what people are willing to do to each other in the Balkans, this is not in least surprising.

Check out how they "train" bears
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    When you see what people are willing to do to each other in the Balkans, this is not in least surprising.

Check out how they "train" bears
    tru...thing is what the diffrence between this and fox furs?

Originally posted by +Daemon+
    tru...thing is what the diffrence between this and fox furs?
    social mores (pronounced more-rays I can't do the accent thing) and taboos. nothing more (no accent this time) nothing less.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Originally posted by kato2274
    social mores (pronounced more-rays I can't do the accent thing) and taboos. nothing more (no accent this time) nothing less.
    That's the same argument that Harris Mirkin's making in his discussions about pedophilia.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

silencio,

I hope you're not comparing me to a pedophile. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not be offended.

but really explain what the difference between a dog and a fox. they are from the same species of animals. dogs are domesticated? what about wild dogs.

personally I'm offended by the whole thought of skinning cats and dogs same as I am by the thought of south koreans eating dog. but I'm intelligent enough to realize the only reason I'm offended by these things is because I've grown up in a culture that has established that behavior as being wrong. just like the hindus who are appalled that we eat cows. what makes a cow different then a chicken to them?

even if you trace it back to judeo-christian origins you see that god gave man dominion over the animals. he didn't say "make sure you don't eat cats, cows ok just not cats." these unwritten social rules were established by people who together decided for whatever reason that a certain behavior was grotesque and unacceptable.

when you get into the treatment of other humans the unwritten rules span furthur than just a culture. there are behaviors and acts that all civilized cultures have agreed are reprehensible - so I don't think it's a valid arguement to bring in something like pedophillia into the conversation.

the food we eat, the way we treat animals, the clothes we wear vary from culture to culture, but it's pretty clear that civilized cultures all pretty much agree on what's acceptable in terms of treatment of other humans.

Internet Linebacker
    See....my...vest!
    See my vest!
    Made from real gorilla chest!

You guess the movie

VINCENT
    Thanks a bunch.(to Jules, who'snursing his coffee) Want a sausage?
    JULES
    Naw, I don't eat pork.
    VINCENT
    Are you Jewish?
    JULES
    I ain't Jewish man, I just don't dig on swine.
    VINCENT
    Why not?
    JULES
    They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    VINCENT
    Sausages taste good. Pork chops taste good.
    JULES
    A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf<(ker. Pigs sleep and root in sh!t. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces.
    VINCENT
    How about dogs? Dogs eat their own feces.
    JULES
    I don't eat dog either.
    VINCENT
    Yes, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    JULES
    I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. But a dog's got personality. And personality goes a long way.
    VINCENT
    So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he'd cease to be a filthy animal?
    JULES
    We'd have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin’ motherf<(kin' pig!

Re: You guess the movie

Originally posted by Ya_know
    VINCENT
    Thanks a bunch.(to Jules, who'snursing his coffee) Want a sausage?
    JULES
    Naw, I don't eat pork.
    VINCENT
    Are you Jewish?
    JULES
    I ain't Jewish man, I just don't dig on swine.
    VINCENT
    Why not?
    JULES
    They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    VINCENT
    Sausages taste good. Pork chops taste good.
    JULES
    A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf<(ker. Pigs sleep and root in sh!t. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces.
    VINCENT
    How about dogs? Dogs eat their own feces.
    JULES
    I don't eat dog either.
    VINCENT
    Yes, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    JULES
    I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. But a dog's got personality. And personality goes a long way.
    VINCENT
    So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he'd cease to be a filthy animal?
    JULES
    We'd have to be talkin' 'bout one charmin’ motherf<(kin' pig!
    I almost posted a portion of that before you did. one of my favorite scenes . . . . .

Now I want you to go in that bagn and find my wallet.

Which one is it?

It's the one that says Bad Motherf**ker on it.

...when you get into the treatment of other humans the unwritten rules span furthur than just a culture. there are behaviors and acts that all civilized cultures have agreed are reprehensible - so I don't think it's a valid arguement to bring in something like pedophillia into the conversation.

the food we eat, the way we treat animals, the clothes we wear vary from culture to culture, but it's pretty clear that civilized cultures all pretty much agree on what's acceptable in terms of treatment of other humans.
    I agree that silencio's argument is extreme, but I think I see where he's headed.

Relativism makes for shaky foundations in matters of morality. What's right in a society could be deemed completely taboo in another. Even the concept of being "civilized" or not is debatable depending on each person's personal perspective.

Here is an example:
    Jacques Cousteau, from the 1991 UNESCO Courrer
    Our society is turning toward more and more needless consumption. It is a vicious circle that I compare to cancer . . . . Should we eliminate suffering, diseases? The idea is beautiful, but perhaps not a benefit for the long term. We should not allow our dread of diseases to endanger the future of our species.
    This is a terrible thing to say. In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it.
    That said, I completely agree that any animal must be treated correctly and no undue suffering should be caused to them. I will not wear fur or knowingly use cosmetics tested on animals (this does not include pharmaceuticals).

Cruella DeVille, indeed.

Ya_Know]: KAto beat me to it: Pulp Fiction.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Re: Re: You guess the movie

I almost posted a portion of that before you did. one of my favorite scenes . . . . .

Now I want you to go in that bagn and find my wallet.

Which one is it?

It's the one that says Bad Motherf**ker on it.
    The all time greatest screen chemistry between two actors. I loved it in the beginning when they were talking about the “Holiest of Wholes” being compared to a foot massage, right before they bang on the door of their next victims, and Jules instructs Vincent to “Let’s get into Character”. Absolutely brilliant screenplay, and fantastic acting!

I could use a foot massage!

Anyway, sorry for the hijack!

Originally posted by a d e p t
    I agree that silencio's argument is extreme, but I think I see where he's headed.

Relativism makes for shaky foundations in matters of morality.
    so what makes for solid foundations of morality? the church? religions? which ones? who determines morals? even within the christian faith I can be deemed heaven bound by one group and damned by another just for something as simple as having protected sex WITH MY WIFE!

in the end morals are indvidual. you have yours and I have mine. they are determined by the relative experiences that each of us have had. I don't see how morals can be anything BUT relative, because they are based on beliefs, not facts (and don't even get me started about facts)

religions have given us some basic guidelines but as stated above even between widely accepted non extremist faiths there are moral issues That are clearly relative.

this kind of goes back to the universal truth thread that no one really jumped on board for. but lets assume that god does indeed have one true voice. I doubt that any human could comprehend, or not screw up the message in translation.