Linksys VPN

Thread: Linksys VPN

Linksys VPN

I have a Linksys BEFVP41 router at the office. I want to connect to it (using a VPN tunnel) from home and from my laptop while traveling. I installed another BEFVP41 at home and very easily setup a tunnel between them. It works great. The manual has a section about how to configure WinXP on my laptop as an IPSEC client but I can't get it to work. Linksys tech support is absolutely useless!

Where can I get some info on configuring my XP laptop to connect to the Linksys router's VPN tunnel while dialed up? Or am I better off using a third-party VPN client? If so, which one?

Thanks

You need to go here and read up, but good luck I could never get it to work with XP on several different boxes and configs, didnt have any problems getting two routers to talk though, I could get the connection, but couldnt get any traffic passed through it with XP Ipsec, even tried SSH Sentinal as well, but any how here is a help page, good luck.

Setup VPN Router Link

VPN

We were able to get the VPN Tunnel created and working properly. Didn't do anything with IPSec. I will look at my config when I get the opportunity and let you know what we did.

LINKSYS support is a major joke!
    Everywhere you go, there you are...