After disconnecting my large dual window fan without turning it off first I think it blew up my new printer I got 6 days before, Im not sure that was the cause but I dont see how else it would have just died like that.

Also, Im using those OLD 1 to 3 power splitters before my powerbar witch gets rid of the ground prong so that may have helped blow up the printer by the surge caused by disconnecting my fan.

UPDATE:
OK now Im REAlly pissed, I was just re-wiring things so everything would be grounded, meaning Id take off the 3 to 1 bar that removes ground, to do that I had to plug the air conditioner in the powerbar (which was still in the bar that removed ground), as soon as I plugged the air conditioner in the power bar it made a huge spark and the printer I just exchanged cause it blew up blew up AGAIN!

Needless to say I just threw that peice of junk ground removing crap in the trash even if it means I wont be able tp plug everything in until I get a new surge protector (tomorrow).

Can anyone confirm that this is happening because of the missing ground? Would all this have been prevented if the powerbar was grounded? I dont want it to happen again. and the store better replace my close to $500 printer again.

With a proper surge protector with 8 outlets, connected directly to the wall (with no 50 year old groundless mini powerbar), would it have prevented my printer blowing up twice? I want to make sure this never happens again, and thank god only the printer blew, cause I had a few thousands worth connected to that powerbar.

Thanks