How to make a Hewlett-Packard Restore and Recovery cd?

Thread: How to make a Hewlett-Packard Restore and Recovery cd?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

How to make a Hewlett-Packard Restore and Recovery cd?

I know these are two different things. The Restore cd accesses the hidden partition and the Recovery cd's are the complete tool to set everything up on a completely wiped hard drive. The customer is limping along in Windows xp. The hidden partition seems intact. HP says there is a way to make these CD's from within Windows but three different tech support people said they didn't know how. Does anyone know how out there?
    Please help
    thanks

To the best of my knowledge..HP has never released that info..to start the restore process from the recovery partition, all you have to do is to hit ctrl/f10 before you boot the system..and keep holding it till the process starts. Any HP owner can order a recovery cd from HP for just the cost of shipping..instructions are in the paper documentation that came with the computer
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Quote Originally Posted by geoscomp
    To the best of my knowledge..HP has never released that info..to start the restore process from the recovery partition, all you have to do is to hit ctrl/f10 before you boot the system..and keep holding it till the process starts. Any HP owner can order a recovery cd from HP for just the cost of shipping..instructions are in the paper documentation that came with the computer
    Thanks for that ctrl/f10 tip. Since the recovery partition seems to be intact I a can try that. I still don't know why HP keeps saying you can burn your own recovery disk?

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    Thanks for that ctrl/f10 tip. Since the recovery partition seems to be intact I a can try that. I still don't know why HP keeps saying you can burn your own recovery disk?

We recently took in a new hp on trade. Not long after redoing it... it asked if I wanted to make those disks... I said no not at that time and it hasn't come back and i don't know where to go to make it do it either...
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Shard92
    We recently took in a new hp on trade. Not long after redoing it... it asked if I wanted to make those disks... I said no not at that time and it hasn't come back and i don't know where to go to make it do it either...
    Thanks for reminding me. I saw that prompt to make the disks myself a while back. I did what you did. Skipped over it and never found it again.