IE6 logon password double up

Thread: IE6 logon password double up

IE6 logon password double up

When I log on to the Internet the standard DUN dialog box comes up and I enter my password and tick the box to remember my password. next time I try to use the internet I have to renter my password as it has not been stored as requested. If i then go to the setting dialog box for my default ISP and enter my password in the box under my user name, when I then try to start the Internet my password is now in the connect dialog box but is there twice as in "passwordpassword" Has anyone any ideas why this happens?

Security feature in IE6. Supposed to make it harder to "guess" the password.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Password problem

Thanks very much guys. I have printed out these articles and will try them tonight. Its amazing what they dont tell you in help files etc. i actually searched the MKB for an answer yet neither of those two articles surfaced.
    Thanks again