SQL Sort Order

Thread: SQL Sort Order

SQL Sort Order

I am having a bit of trouble getting a MSAccess DB to sort using an SQL statement. Everything sorts ok up to the point where I need a column sorted in DESC order. I think I may be trying to sort 'TO much' but im not sure... here is the statement I wrote...

SELECT * FROM CentralData WHERE CentralData.ELT_PRTDT Is Null
    ORDER BY CentralData.WKSTCK, CentralData.WKSLBL, CentralData.WKCST, CentralData.WKLRPC DESC, CentralData.WKCHDR, CentalData.WKITEM;

It stops sorting at CentralData.WKLRPC DESC

Any help would be appreciated..
    W

I might be crazy, but I don't think SQL likes having spaces in the field names very much. When it hits that point of your statement, it is expecting something else. Once again, I might be crazy.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

Thanks for the reply. I actually feel really stupid but that sql statement was correct. I was looking at a backup and not the live statement that was actually running. When I fixed that it all fell into place. Thanks though..

It didn't seem to mind the spaces. So I left them in...
    W

Originally posted by kingtbone
    I might be crazy, but I don't think SQL likes having spaces in the field names very much. When it hits that point of your statement, it is expecting something else. Once again, I might be crazy.
    Well I'm confus-ed So being crazy is ok with me ...

If it didn't like spaces (I think you are right there are implementations of SQL that don't - so if Diver01 bears that in mind should he need to connect to any external databases) then it'd kick an 'iilegal object' message ... not do the 'order by' clause wrongly ....

So you ain't crazy - just a little confus-ed

Originally posted by confus-ed
    Well I'm confus-ed So being crazy is ok with me ...

If it didn't like spaces (I think you are right there are implementations of SQL that don't - so if Diver01 bears that in mind should he need to connect to any external databases) then it'd kick an 'iilegal object' message ... not do the 'order by' clause wrongly ....

So you ain't crazy - just a little confus-ed
    SO were all in agreement then. Eveyone is Confused..
    that knowledge somehow makes things clearer doesnt it?
    W

... the profusion of confusion is compounded by the increase in information, without any proportional aquistion of wisdom ... Einstein (of all people!) defending his theory of relativity ! Mmmm

I can't help but wonder what Einstein would think about all the wonderful technology of today. I bet he would have some interesting theories...

NanoTechnology
    The Space Time Continuim (sp)
    The Klingons
    hehehe..

Speaking of which.. I wonder why the Borg never attacked the Klingons or the Romulans or even the Vulcans? Hmmmmm.....
    W