ASUS a7n8x question

Thread: ASUS a7n8x question

ASUS a7n8x question

This might seem like a daft question, ive just bought this board delux version and im not sure if i need seperate graphics card or if the nvidea chipset is built in graphics

The Asus A7N8X deluxe does not have built in graphics. You have to buy a video card.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

asus motherboard

eeehh it looks like it has n-vidia built in grafix..at least according to asus...

Re: asus motherboard

Originally posted by j.d
    eeehh it looks like it has n-vidia built in grafix..at least according to asus...
    Where did you see that information? There is no dsub port on the board.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Re: asus motherboard

Originally posted by j.d
    Sorry but I HAVE the A7N8X Deluxe and there is no built in Graphics.

If you want more proof here.

http://www.asus.com/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=82960
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

cheers everyone for clearing that up, any reccomendations about what to get. Im after something decent but no more than say £130. Also does it have RAID on the mobo or would i need a seperate controller and if i do what would you reccomend? Cheers

Mick

This mobo is MORE then descent. It does have RAID but it is serial ATA Raid so you might need a couple adaptors for the Hard Drives unless you have a couple of serial ATA hard drives lying around.

asus motherboard

my bad .. guess u will need a video card...

Cheers for the info. Ive just bought a diamondmax 9 SATA drive and a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9700 128MB DDR DVI/TV (AGP) card and 1024mb of corsair RAM so hopefully that will be nice and fast

j.d.

I think you were getting confus-ed with the Asus A7N266 mobo.

This DOES have on-board graphics (G-Force 2)

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Talking Is this for real ? It isn't only JD who is confus-ed !

Is this another 'hoax' thread ? You bought a motherboard yet you don't know whether it has on-board video or not ? - There'll be a 15 pin female socket if there is one .... Now you've bought a load of 'stuff' to put on it ? This thread could be very entertaining !

I dont think so....

The link to the wonders of the nforce chipset from that board's website - the first thing you see is about the fabulous onboard graphics you can have...

Implying therefore that nforce chipsets include graphics.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Arrow

Just checkin' 'Boss' ....

When I've bought anything its in my hands & I can see ! Mmmm but I guess he might mean 'ordered' & be talking about something to come in the post & therefore wouldn't have seen it .....

But either way I'm very surprised at someone who pays for something without knowing what they'll get !!!

You know this is not as bad as the "painted my MOBO" post but it is close.

no one and I repeat no one goes out and buys a board like the A7n8x-d without knowing something about the product, further more why would they then buy a 9700 if they thought they had video on board? (OK gamers are obvious, but gamers know their sh*t)

So I am to believe that some person has bought a bunch of components without the understnading of how to identify if they have certain functions and now I suppose the next question from the O.P. is going to be "um guys what slot does the video card plug into"

I aint buyin it, this is a hoax.

I had thought this would be a good question like which revision supports fsb200 for the new cpu's
    Last edited by Tacit_k; May 30th, 2003 at 11:05 AM.