Sapphire graphics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire graphics

Sapphire graphics

Has anyone got a link for a sapphire radeon 9700 atlantis graphics card ive built a pc consisting of asus a7n8x board corsair ram sapphire graphics card. Im having problems getting system up and running, its dual boot with Me and XP. i can get xp up but i cant get broadband working coz of drivers. Millenium is ok for net but graphics card drivers freeze when it reeboots. Any ideas. Modem is USB 2, could that cause problems. Cheers

Mick

Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

i checked them earlier but im not sure what link i need

Choose your OS and get the Catalyst drivers.......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

I tried the drivers and the pc comes up with a message saying that the drivers arent working. There is also a file that stops responding but i cant think what it is called its something like msqrv or something. Anyone got any ideas on this one? By the way the card is working fine on xp. Cheers

Mick

Raffaz, you will have to post the exact error message for us to be able to help you.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry about that mate. The error i get is" The driver file that displays items correctly on your screen isnt working. To fix this you might need to install a new display driver" Ive just downloaded the driver again incase it didnt upload properly, il try it again in the morning, coz ive got a house to renovate so im pretty busy at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions about the problem i would be interested to know. Cheers.

Mick

Tried installing the driver again, but still didnt work. I still get the same message. I cant get the same result as earlier so i dont know the name of the file that stops responding. Any ideas?

Mick

I managed to get earlier error up, the file that causes the problem is msgsrv32. Also getting another error which is " error loading explorer.exe you must restart windows". And final error is "msgsrv32 has caused an error in kernel32.dll msgsrv will now close" Anyone shed some light on this. Cheers

Mick

How are you dual booting? Separate partitions or hard drives I hope. I had 98SE and 2000 on the same partition once and they didn't play nice together. I'd get all sorts of errors, some similar to this, some even more bizarre.

TBH though, it sounds like something more than just your video card driver is FUBAR'd.

--Stryfe
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.

Ive got them on 2 seperate partitions, so that isnt causing my problem. I think im beat on this one.

Have you done a virus check? This also could be a problem
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I had a look at that article but i think it is for windows 98, windows 98 SE was corrected. It was also to do with pentium processors. Im running me with an athlon xp2400+. Cheers for trying mate. This has got me totally stumped.

Mick

Cool

I guess I'm just really confused as to why anyone would choose to dual-boot with Millenium as one of the OSes. XP is going to do everything Millenium does, only better, so why even worry about the Millenium problem? I've hated (not strong enough a word IMO) Windows Millenium since it came out. I'd rather have 95 than Millenium.

Did you install XP service pack 1 ?
    This is required for Windows XP to support USB v.2.

http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/