MCSE or RHCE?

Thread: MCSE or RHCE?

MCSE or RHCE?

Which one should I consider getting if all I want is a nice job, where the pay is decent? Both of them, or only one? It does cost a lot to get either of them after all.
    ..."This is what is sad when one contemplates human life, that so many live out their lives in quiet lostness . . . they live, as it were, away from themselves and vanish like shadows. Their immortal souls are blown away, and they are not disquieted by the question of its immortality, because they are already disintegrated before they die."...

The MCSE is more widely recognized, but I think it really comes down to what you want to work with. Nearly all companies use Microsoft products, so the MCSE would be advantageous in that regard. On the other hand, it might be fun to work for a more progressive thinking company that is using Red Hat.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

If you already have current working knowledge of either one, it may be best (financially at least) for you to look into exam preps instead of a full blown course.

Then you can splurge for to "other" one.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

If you want a job MCSE.

Getting RHCE, which whilst I applaud ... [why does Bill Gates run the world ? 'Cos he 'blagged us' (well not me & many others, but business & non nerds) that it was bestest ! ], isn't exactly wide spread ... its not even a linux certification but rather a certification for a particular 'flavour' ...

As for the costs involved ?? I guess with no prior experience they might both work out 'prohibative' you can spend 000's on 'boot camps' to 'guarantee it' ... if you have a 'working knowledge' perhaps crammer notes & just the exams (a lot, lot cheaper !) but without having a clue about what you know & don't this is kind of a hard question .....

in the uk, mcse all the way. most companies will look at you blankly if you tell them you have a rhce

cant speak for usa tho
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh