Network card issue

Thread: Network card issue

Network card issue

I had a networkeverywhere 100mb PCI NIC card in my Win2k server. I had previously downloaded the drivers from their website.
    I can't get Win2k to recognize the card. I finally put in a 3c509B ISA card. This card is only 10mb.

My WinXP machine has a 100mb card built in and I was wanting to go as fast as I can. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
    Bob

If the 10/100mb card is built on to the board, make sure it's enabled in the BIOS. If there's no setting in the bios, check the motherboard manual for a possible jumper setting for enabling the nic.

If that doesn't work it could be a dead card... and LEAST likely of all it could be non-plug&play, in which case just run the Add/Remove Hardware wizard and manually choose a NIC and feed it the drivers.

But come on if you have $30 go buy a new NIC and save yourself the trouble
    DON'T PANIC

No, this isn't a built in nic on the Win2k machine. It's a networkeverywhere 10/100 PCI card. Win2k just puts a yellow exclamation point and when I try to feed it the drivers it ignores me. I'm just wondering if this card isn't compatable with Win2k.
    Right now I'm using a 10mb 3C509B card in the 2k machine and it's working fine. I was just trying to find out if anyone else had experience with the networkeverywhere card and getting it to load in Win2k server.

Exactly which error code does it give in device manager for the networkeverywhere nic? I did have a couple of these, worked fine for a while in 9x boxes, did a reload and now they are in the emergency only bin
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    Exactly which error code does it give in device manager for the networkeverywhere nic? I did have a couple of these, worked fine for a while in 9x boxes, did a reload and now they are in the emergency only bin
    Boy, now there's a good question. If I remember correctly it was an error 12 or 22 Card not initialized because no driver was detected. Or something to that effect. I would right click on the card, go to properties then try update driver and Win2k would ignore the driver.
    If I uninstalled and reinstalled and pointed the wizard to the floppy with the drivers, again, ignore. No compatable driver found or something like that.

As I said, this really isn't an issue as I loaded a 3C509B card in the machine and Win2k was happy as a clam. I even went out and bought an 80 wire 40 pin IDE cable and installed it.

Win2k is running fine. I was just wondering about that wierdness.

Yep that was the one... no idea why it wouldn't take the driver.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."