Office 2000 Administrative Install not working properly

Thread: Office 2000 Administrative Install not working properly

Office 2000 Administrative Install not working properly

Recently, I've started at a new job and in the interest of reducing bandwidth and time consumed when wiping/reinstalling PCs, I've been trying to create an administrative install of Office 2000 Professional Disc 1 with SR1a and SP3 integrated.

Now, my problem isn't actually the slipstreaming process, it's the initial administrative install.

When I go to run and type "<CD-ROM Drive>:\SETUP.EXE /A" all it does is start setup in administrative mode then copy over all the files to the root of C:. I don't get the option to choose where to install it, enter the product key, or anything like that. I don't even have to read the EULA (not that that one is a bad thing, mind you. )

I'm starting to get pretty annoyed at it because since it installs things to "C:\Program Files\" and "C:\WINDOWS\" it's almost impossible to find all the files it needs and physically move them someplace else. Even doing a search for things created at a specific time and day won't do it right.

I've also tried using the /qf switch to force it to display the full dialogs and such, but it had no effect.

I mean, even the MS guide to doing an Office 2000 Admin Install (Link) says that is *should* come up with screens asking for your product key, etc.

If anyone could help me with this, I'd be MOST appreciative.

--Stryfe
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.

ARG! I should have figured that MS would do that. The funny thing is that I'm not sure we have a retail version, but I *know* we have Office 2000 OEM for almost every PC we have. God this is gonna be annoying.

Damn MS.

--Stryfe
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.