Microsoft to drop Internet Explorer development for Mac

Thread: Microsoft to drop Internet Explorer development for Mac

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Microsoft to drop Internet Explorer development for Mac

It makes more sense for Mac users to use Apple's Safari Web-browser, she said. Although still in beta testing, the browser has already gained attention for its speed and some of its features.
    Sommers said Apple is in a better position to create a browser with more features and that offers a smoother experience because "Apple has access to functionality in the (operating system) that Microsoft doesn't."
    Above is a quote from a Microsoft spokesman.
    Gee, the pot calling the kettle black. Basically MS is saying developers for Windows are also at a disadvantage. Kind of contradicts everything they previously said.

Well, MS and Apple aren't really the best of friends anyway. I mean, look what happened to Halo. It was originally going to be published for the Mac first but then MS bought Bungie and butchered the whole damned project.

We're *still* waiting for any version of Halo for PC or Mac, too.

Personally, I don't think I'll miss MSIE on the Mac. Safari is quite good, and we still have Netscape too. I think MS is just kicking themselves in the gonads here.

--Stryfe
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.