is it faster ???

Thread: is it faster ???

is it faster ???

I have at present a P4 2.53 533 FSB, on an ASUS P4T 533 mobo, which has 32 bit memory, 2 x 256, now that the P4 is out at 800 fsb, with ddr support, is that much faster, and why has Rambus, (RIMMS) gone so quite, any input on this subject would be appreciated.

Rambus missed the boat because it is very expensive. While many think it is a much higher quality and had a very bright future, like betamax, it lost out because DDR was much cheaper.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

& now also you have dual channel ddr boards too ... which gives DDR even more of an 'edge' because you effectively get quadruple data rate without changing the underlying memory technology ... buy buy ddr & bye bye rambus !!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Rest in Pieces Rambus
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Well I already have my system so I guess I am stuck with older tech, don't get me wrong it is very fast and responsive, pc's are my hobby so now Intel have 800 mhz fsb cpu's coming out I guess I will have to move along with the times and get ddr, I run 2 pc's my intel for main, and my athalon for diagnsotics etc, sata hard discs are the next thing I suppose, but I am going to wait for the 300's before I go along that road,