I've always had a mild distrust of the program Ghost. Consequently I've never used it. I've always had the impression it has its uses but it also poses problems. Using an image to make clones of PCs could certainly save time however.

I've always harbored the thought that cloning might create problems if the hardware you're cloning to is not identical. Also I seem to recall some problems back in the day (NT4) with ghosting a machine that had already joined the domain, you wound up making PCs that had an identical CID on the domain. There are other issues I've heard of where information points to data that resides on one physical location on the ghost image hard drive doesn't have the same physical address on the new hard drive, etc...

I think I'm just being a stick in the mud though, the first few people I heard touting Ghost were mostly techie wannabes with more mouth than ability so I lumped my impression of ghost in with my impression of them.

Anybody use it much? is it the best thing since sliced bread? Are there any real issues people have commonly had to deal with when ghosting many clones for a big rollout?