Bryce 5 - anyone use it?

Thread: Bryce 5 - anyone use it?

Bryce 5 - anyone use it?

I have been playing around with Bryce for a few years now, and I absolutly love it. I am not overly good with it yet, but I am constatly learning new tricks. I find it very rewarding, i was wondering if anyone else uses it? Lately I have been attemting to create various objects i have in my apartment. I started with Video game consoles (yes, I am proud to be a geek) the first one I made was an XBOX. although my hard drive crashed and i lost the .br5 file, all I have left is the .jpg, so i will have to recreate it from scratch I then started on a Playstation 2, but forgot about it until a little while ago, so it isn't finished. Today I started on a gamecube w/ gameboy player attachment. it still has some details i need to finish on it, but i want to wait until i get home tonight to finish it so I can actually see it, instead of trying to go by a picture i got off of the net.

what do you guys think so far? (xbox is the only finished one)

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Geeky......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

here are somthings I did back years ago

That's the great thing about Bryce... it can look like you've spenet hours creaing a picture but it's about the smpimnplest thing you can doint he program
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    I think I need to pick up a copy of that.....bet its EXPENSIVE, though
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

http://www.geocities.com/goku_cloud/fireriver.jpg

Copy and paste the link so it will work.

I now use a much better Landscaping Program called Vue D'Esprit.

Here is something I made on Vue D'Esprit recently.

http://www.geocities.com/goku_cloud/Sunset.jpg
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Originally posted by A+Tech
    That's the great thing about Bryce... it can look like you've spenet hours creaing a picture but it's about the smpimnplest thing you can doint he program
    yup.. these took me oh I dont know 15-20 mins trying to figure it out and get a good angle for a screen shot

yeah, i love how easy it is. I mean, at first, it is a bit confusing, since the interface is rather different than many apps. but it is alot of fun to play with. although I have to admit that the xbox took me alot longer than the landscapes and other stuff I have made in the past. (it was made from several hundred different objects...fully detailed on all sides, even the 8 pins inside the ethernet jack on the back.) here is some of the other stuff I have made....( a long time ago)

http://www.geocities.com/severd_hed/Gallery.html
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Registered User The Computer Valet's Avatar
    I like the consoles, but, honestly dude, if you're going to use Bryce you're going to have to put those consoles in an alien landscape or near some mountains. It's just NOT Bryce unless you have those elements!!
    Cheers,

The Computer Valet
    Mike Whalen

i would use bryce, but im not sure it could cope with a full cad model of a suspension and damping assembly, much less the finite element analysis....

its not a bad program, but if i was you i might look at some free tirals of lightwave or maya...
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

I plan on doing other things with the consoles once they are finished...i save them as objects so I can insert them into other bryce images. ( i recreated my living room one day when i was bored..that is why i started making game consoles.) I did have a demo of lightwave, but it was way over my head. I know it can do amazing stuff compared to bryce, but bryce is simple. I am a simple person..when I edit images, i use Paint and MS photo editor. I have access to PSP7 and Photoshop, but i dont know how to use them. and since i will gain no real benefit from learnign them, i stick with what i know. Comparing Bryce to Lightwave is like comparing Paint to Photoshop. Bryce is just more my style. If i ever get to where I want to make images for something other than my own personal amusement, then i might look into lightwave again.

I have been playing with my gamecube some more...I still have alot of small details to add, but i fogot to email the br5 file home to myself last night, so i coudlnt do it then. I will try to remember to send it tonight so i can work on it at home without having to start all over from scratch.

Last edited by delmer_1; July 3rd, 2003 at 03:18 PM.

Looks good Delmer.

You should think about putting together a personal webpage and marketing your talents to web mastering services who need artists.
    If it's true that wherever you go, there you are: how come so many people look lost?

I've never used Bryce, but I used to do 3D prototyping of automotive parts using SolidWorks back at my old job.

This wasn't job related of course, but I was bored one day and started doodling this robot. I never did finish the head or add hands. Hmmm...

Hello World