5.1 Sound in PowerDVD with AC97 6 Channel?

Thread: 5.1 Sound in PowerDVD with AC97 6 Channel?

5.1 Sound in PowerDVD with AC97 6 Channel?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to be putting this (it seemed the closest to what i needed) but Im building a pc for someone, and I've picked up an epox board with 6 channel sound, assuming i could actually use it, but so far no software supports it.

At the very least, i wanted to play DVDs with all 6 channels (i picked up some creative 5.1 speakers), but powerdvd refuses to acknowledge I have 6 speakers. The only option in the "speaker setup" is 2 speakers. Any ideas? Anyone know a DVD player that will support the speakers? Any help appreciated, thankyou.

What windows are you using?
    Have you been into multimedia in control panel?
    Some boards require jumper settings to use the 6 channel correctly... have you checked the motherboard manual?
    Finally what drivers are you using - the windows supplied or the drivers that came with the motherboard?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    What windows are you using?
    Have you been into multimedia in control panel?
    Some boards require jumper settings to use the 6 channel correctly... have you checked the motherboard manual?
    Finally what drivers are you using - the windows supplied or the drivers that came with the motherboard?
    1. Windows 2000 SP3
    2. Yes, the onboard sound has an applet which allows you to tell it whether to use the line in and mic as extra outputs (centre/rear) or not. They are both currently enabled.
    3. No jumper settings, no bios settings, just software with the drivers.
    4. Motherboard supplied drivers. Avance Logic AC97 6 channel something or other.

PowerDVD with full Audio Pack

hi
    you have an OEM version PowerDVD supplied with your DVD so you have only 2 speakers option in Audio Config. Try to find and install PowerDVD Deluxe version, you will have full audio pack.

I will try this now, thankyou for your help. If it is correct, you deserve some sort of accolade, my friend.

G Man, you have a PM

thanks for your help, bud, you've solved my problem. i am indebted to you.