winxp pro no taskbar

Thread: winxp pro no taskbar

winxp pro no taskbar

The taskbar at the bottom with the start button just disappearred on me. One of the problems is the customer said after her husband used it she had a sidebar appear but can't get rid of it. i looked around a little and without much luck and had just decided it was too slow and ran msconfig to see what all was running and then the taskbar disappeared and I can't get it back! The sidebar she doesn't want is still there however!!! How do I change the look of the desktop and why did my taskbar go bye bye?
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

windows key+r will get your run box up.... are you sure the taskbar didnt get put on autohide?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I know it got put on autohide and that worked fine. When I put it back to always on top is when it disappeared. I can't get it back. Althought it does appear breifly if you tell it to shut down like it's there but under the wallpaper. The one down the side is similiar to when you are in my computer. it Has folder options, other places and details. I tried right clicking on it but nothing happens. IF I boot to safe mode the taskbar is back but not in full windows
    How can I get to the control panel if it's not on the desktop and I can click start?

shortcut keys

Safe mode... try unlocking the taskbar in safe mode and seeing if it sticks?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    shortcut keys

Safe mode... try unlocking the taskbar in safe mode and seeing if it sticks?
    Shift-F10 on icon gives the right click popup menu...I always wondered how to do that. Cool link!

well from ms I'm beginning to track down how to get the taskbar back ( possibly a corrupt user account according to them ) but I still don't know what this other think is down the side of the desktop. Not sure but it may be covering up icons as well.