Converting MP3
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Converting MP3

Converting MP3

Can anyone help me with this, i have tons of mp3 files that i wanna play on a normal cd player. What type of file are they and how do i convert them? Cheers

Mick

Do you have nero? If so, use the wizard,choose audio cd, click and drag the mp3 you want on the cd... it will convert and burn them for you.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Also,
    Roxio Easy CD Creator does this for you too.

Yeah ive got nero, i never realised i could do it. I use it at work all the time aswell. I make cdrs so i use that to make sure that cds burn at speed they are supposed to ha ha. Im assuming that nero asks if you wanna keep mp3 or convert or doesnt it?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    If you select auido cd then it automatically converts and doesnt ask you, if you want mp3 files, choose data.

As far as the format, they are .wav
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

.wav files?, i thought they were wma files, obviously im wrong so what is a .wma file?

Originally posted by Raffaz
    .wav files?, i thought they were wma files, obviously im wrong so what is a .wma file?
    microsofts audio compression file format. they claim a 64kbs wma file is cd quality and rivals 128kbs mp3. I don't buy it personally. don't get me wrong. . . . . the format is really good. a 96kbs wma files sounds pretty good and 128kbs files sound nice, but there aren't enough supported devices, so I generally stick with mp3
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

i converted everything i have audio to .wma, i can't hear the difference, and having half the space used is definately a HUGE bonus.....
    No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong

Comprehension is not a prerequisite of your cooperation.

Originally posted by Kineda
    i converted everything i have audio to .wma, i can't hear the difference, and having half the space used is definately a HUGE bonus.....
    did you rip them originally in wma or use a conversion util? I tried the microsoft one in windows XP plus pack, but it sounded a little more tinny. I wouldn't mind trying wma but I've got 20GB of cds already ripped to mp3 and I don't want to re-rip them . . . . takes too long.

can you play a .wma file on a cd player?

No. . . . not unless it's a special cd player like the rio volt which plays mp3 wma and regular cds.

you should just do as Noo suggested and get a program that will convert on the fly and burn. Nero is my choice but if you need a free one you can use Sony CD EXTREME

I would say to just get a cd player that plays MP3's, WMA's, etc. They're cheap now. I got this Sony DVD player that does that and it was only $100. Plus, even if you rip MP3's into CD audio format onto a CD player, it's not guaranteed that it will work on all players anyway. Plus you can fit alot more MP3's onto a disc than WAV files.
    Hello World

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus
    when you start the wizard in nero and choose CD audio, nero will convert the mp3 you drag into the burning window into a cda file after it's been burned on the disc. cda is the format your computer sees CD audio discs tracks as. your home stereo and car stereo will see cda files as regular audio files, unless the quality of the cd you're using is poor then it may not be able to read the disc. if you find that your home audio or car audio cd player can't play the cd-rs you've burnt, try burning your music on memorex cd-rs, they seem to be pretty compatable with most home/car audio cd players. the only cd player you might have trouble playing your burnt cd-rs on will probably be on earlier model dvd players that play audio cds as well as dvd movies.
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

cheers for all the info, im gonna give it a try later. and see if my cambridge audio player can read it.

Mick

Originally posted by WebHawg
    ... Plus, even if you rip MP3's into CD audio format onto a CD player, it's not guaranteed that it will work on all players anyway...
    If you create a *standard* audio CD on a CD-R (not CD-RW) it *WILL* work on any CD player.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!