WooHoo!!!

Thread: WooHoo!!!

WooHoo!!!

First to post in the new Linux forum apparently.

Running Redhat 7.2 dualboot with Win98.

How 'bout You
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

OK, I'll be the second......Knoppix and Lindows......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

red hat 8 in vmware

just installed a SME server in a small business setting. file server, webserver, mailserver, firewall, router, DHCP server, print server. . . . . and I got squid to authenticate users to allow http access.

smoothwall box on my network in front of the cable modem.
    but alas I am a newb! if smoothwall and e-smith sme weren't so easy to configure I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to make redhat do all that stuff.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Oh, definately a newbie here too. I tool around in Linux every now and then for fun and for a better understanding of Unix to deal with the HP Unix server at work.

That and I read up on stuff here and there. I think this is a good book for the Linux newbie/Windows vetran.
    Last edited by craigmodius; June 30th, 2003 at 06:24 PM.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

You guys are getting me in the mood to get Madrake back onto a partition.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Mandrake 9.1 vs Win XP home on the lappy.

I won't mention the FreeBSD boot on this machine, that'd be utterly off topic
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

well here at work Im dual booting windows 2000 and redhat 9

my laptop here I have mac os x dual booting with Yellow Dog Linux

dont ask about home I dont want to type all that

well lately I have downlaoded winex (binaries) and I can now play alot of my games on linux and they run fast... I can play 90% of my games not bad..

RedHat linux 9 with nvidia ti-4600, dual amd MP 2000+ 512 pc 2100, 40 gb drive

Windows 2000 dual booting with Mandrake 9.1. At least that's what it is for this month, I'm fairly sure I'll screw something up in Linux and have to start from scratch, which'll probably mean RedHat 9 or something.

I did have Mandrake also kind of running on an older Toshiba Satellite but for some reason X didn't like the pointy thing and turned it into a dirty great block, so I gave it back to the wife to use, after popping XP on there anyway
    Bollocks

dual boot: Red Hat 9 and Win XP Pro
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Linux Newbie here, trying to choose between Mandrake version 9.1 which is offered on a Linux mag cover disc or buy Red Hat.

As I have some Windows problems to sort out I will take my time and read the posts on here before making up my mind.

Cool. I'm running RH Linux 9, but I must say, its sooo slow. I haven't had time to figure it out since i'm a linux newbie,but its running on a Duron 950mhz, 512 mb, 20 gb hd. Other than that, I like RH 9. i think it might have to do with the swap file,but not sure how I can change it.
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

Originally posted by MorseLady
    Linux Newbie here, trying to choose between Mandrake version 9.1 which is offered on a Linux mag cover disc or buy Red Hat.

As I have some Windows problems to sort out I will take my time and read the posts on here before making up my mind.
    go with mandrake since you have the cd already that and redhat you cant go wrong.

Alos if you goto

http://www.cheapbytes.com

you can buy linux cds very cheap, now the red hat distro is called somthing diffrent cause red hat didnt liek them selling there product so cheap, so they had to call it somthing like Red Linux or somthing. Butits the samthing. There all downlaoded and burned to a cd for you, its like $3-10 depends what you want, there is also bsd there

sorry they call it Pink Tie 9.0 for redhat on cheapbytes site

Been using linux since Mandrake 6. Right now i'm at 9.1, but I've used redhat, lindows, corel linux, debian. I have an email server running on slackware too and I'm in the process of changing it to this : http://qmailtoaster.clikka.com/#mass running on redhat 8.0. That's one of the best email solutions you cna find for linux , pop3+smtp mail server as well as a webbased email interface a la hotmail with free spam and virus scanning. you can't go worng. I got and admin buddy , just built an email server using excahnge wtih vrius scanning capabilities and spame filtering and it cost his company alot. I showed him my test server (which cost nothing but the hardware) and he was a little pissed. Guess what he's doing now with some extra pc's he's got lying around?
    Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap