Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1000

Re: 1000

Originally posted by cookin chef
    Finally...... The big 1000!!!
    Took me long enough....

JK
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Congrats Cookin Chef ... even if 900 of them are in the lounge & the other 100 are your own questions or telling me to shut up !

Originally posted by NooNoo
    it was exclusively on numbers of posts, therefore members that posted almost always in the Tech Lounge came under fire from those who didn't.... end result? If you can't play nice in the sandbox, the sandbox gets taken away....
    We used to have 'tech stars' seperate from any 'post counting regimes' ... allocated by 'his-hard-to-please-ness' Sowulu - but they got zapped when we changed software ... (I think I'd convinced him I warranted 4 out of 5, but that was then - I must be good for 6 or 7 now )

I want my tech stars back ! ... ...

I believed the stars where linked to post count
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I believed the stars where linked to post count
    They might have been at one point ... but Sowulu could definately change 'em & did !! If you gave 'stuoooopid' answers he demoted you ! There was also a system like 'rate this thread' too ... where the questioner could 'rate' the answer & your tech stars went up or down based on that ...

In all seriousness though I lament the demise of tech stars, as its all well & good for us confirmed 'addicts', we 'know' who might come up with something worth trying & who is taking the pee or just posting 'randomly'... but newbies just see a big fat post count & assume some prior knowledge or expertise ... there's lots of members here with 'moderate' post counts who know their stuff ... they actually do some real work that's all & don't post everyday like some of us have the luxury (or misfortune!) ...

Orangeman has a good point since this is a tech site ... knowing who actually knows what the hell they are talking about & knowing who just likes to post a lot are two different un-connected things ...

yeah.

stop spam!
    It's good to be the King.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by Cleetus
    I hate people that only post in the tech lounge, they are the biggest drag on this website thingy.
    I used to post damn near soley in the lounge, but as of late i have posted more and more in the tech forums
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Err umm ... Cleetus might just be taking the p ...

Originally posted by confus-ed
    They might have been at one point ... but Sowulu could definately change 'em & did !! If you gave 'stuoooopid' answers he demoted you ! There was also a system like 'rate this thread' too ... where the questioner could 'rate' the answer & your tech stars went up or down based on that ...

I checked with Curt... they were solely on post count unless you had your account hacked by Scott. Sowulo never altered the stars.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I checked with Curt... they were solely on post count unless you had your account hacked by Scott. Sowulo never altered the stars.
    You checked with Curt ? Mmmm ...(I always thought he had suitably selective memory when it suited him ) ... Welll maybe Scott hacked 'em or Darren or whoever the hell was a mod & active at the time ... its irrelevant now ! ...

I still want my tech stars back though ... & I want ... & ...& ... &... etc