Computer performance and benchmarks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Computer performance and benchmarks

Question Computer performance and benchmarks

Hi,

I dont know if I entered this in the right forum...But I have question for you guys...I just purchased this to me an awesome system...Here is the specs

Intel P4 3.0CGhz
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (1006 Bios)
    1GB DDR PC3200 Corsair XMS C2PT (changed cas latency)
    1 SATA WD 36GB Raptor
    1 IDE WD 40GB hard drive
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb (catalyst 3.5)
    Sound Blaster Live X-gamer (soon to be replace with Audigy2 platinum EX)
    WindowsXP Pro
    Direct X 9.0a

I tried using 3d mark 2003 and my benchmark score is 5280 after I change the latency timings on my ram...But before I changed it as scoring as low as 5180...I've read in other forums that people with this type of equipment are running over 10000 am I doing something wrong...I've read people flashed there bios to improve there scores but flashing the bios is like playing with fire and I'm not comfortable doing that...Is there anything I can possibly do...Thanks in advance

sounds like you got a good system there
    I think anything over 5k on benchmark 2003 is pretty good..
    now the question is, did you buy the system to score high on the benchmark or to enjoy the system ?
    i would say that most of the people running 10k with the same or almost the same pc you have, are over clocking the sh!t out of their system. when you view your results on the site and compare them with others, it should say what others are running, if they over clocking the cpu, bus ect.
    Assumption is the mother of all fucl< ups

Thanks man

For explanining this...The system I just built was for gaming purposes and I dont hardly mess with overclocking but if I had to just to experiment...My system runs great with the games I have and I'm happy with it...Its just frustrating seeing these folks out there with the same system specs but getting a higher score...Just couldnt understand it...Thanks again

Since I've just posted this advice on about six threads ... I'll do the same here ... put your swap/page files on the non system disk ... big improvement !

I more then likely spent half the money on my new system then yours, and I am getting 5765 in 3DMARK 2003.

Athlon 2500+
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    A7N8X deluxe
    1 gig of kingston hyperX Ram 2-2-2-5
    100 gig WDSE HD
    2xWD raptors Raid0
    and more.

I will overclock both the Cpu and Vid Card and see what I get though.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Yea I have already read 10 different articles about using 3Dmark and most is true. Each game is different and will get different results on different systems. 3dMark just shows what the system can do at most when using all the features at once. All it comes done to is can you play your game smoothly with all the settings were you want them.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Total 3DMark03 projects: 2

Score: 5946
    Tweek 1
    Date: 2003-07-09
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3450 MHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForceFX 5900 Ultra
    301 MHz / 851 MHz
    Res: 1024x768@32 bit

Score: 5833
    Baseline
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3007 MHz
    301 MHz / 851 MHz

Third on the way.

Score: 6623
    Number 3
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3465 MHz
    301 MHz / 945 MHz
    Last edited by silencio; July 9th, 2003 at 11:39 PM.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Athlon 2500+
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    A7N8X deluxe
    1 gig of kingston hyperX Ram 2-2-2-5
    100 gig WDSE HD
    2xWD raptors Raid0
    and more.

Base Score. 5765
    After Windows2K Tweaks. 5946

More to come.

Well 'whoopee do' for all your 'lovely' benchmarks guys ... but how is this actually helping ?

Uniform32 doesn't want to overclock ....

Perhaps he ought to look at his XP services ....

Originally posted by confus-ed
    Well 'whoopee do' for all your 'lovely' benchmarks guys ... but how is this actually helping ?

If you look at the scores they were getting - even overclocked they are not in the 10k range. I would see this a reassurance that there is very little wrong with Uniform's setup.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    If you look at the scores they were getting - even overclocked they are not in the 10k range. I would see this a reassurance that there is very little wrong with Uniform's setup.
    As ever ... you have me with that one ... ! ... but ermm errr wouldn't some suggestions rather than an endless list of benchmarks be better ? That's what I was trying to point out ....

... I thought it fairly clear that a 5000+ score was 'good' & that ' over clocking the sh!t out of their system' might be the explanation ....

... I thought it fairly clear that a 5000+ score was 'good' & that ' over clocking the sh!t out of their system' might be the explanation .... [/B]
    Notice I have not yet overclocked my system.

Going to tomorrow.

The 5833 3dmark score in my list is with no overclocking (you might see that if you a) read it or b) understood it).

Uniform32: I wouldn't call your score low. I would guess that the Radeon 9700 is the slowest point in the system. If you look at this page Toms Hardware you'll see how much slower the 9700 Pro is vs the 5900 Ultra. As for over 10K, I think that's bull****. Look here for a list of P4 Radeon 9700 3dmarks. I don't see anything over 7000 so if someone is telling you they got 10000 they are full of it.

I'd say your benchmark looks pretty good.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    The 5833 3dmark score in my list is with no overclocking (you might see that if you a) read it or b) understood it).

Uniform32: I wouldn't call your score low. I would guess that the Radeon 9700 is the slowest point in the system. If you look at this page Toms Hardware you'll see how much slower the 9700 Pro is vs the 5900 Ultra. As for over 10K, I think that's bull****. Look here for a list of P4 Radeon 9700 3dmarks. I don't see anything over 7000 so if someone is telling you they got 10000 they are full of it.

I'd say your benchmark looks pretty good.
    Maybe he/she is looking at the 3dmark 2001 benchmarks as I've not seen a machine do 10k at "stock" speeds
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-