Are you willing to pay for games with subscription? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Game subscription fees? What do you think?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Onlly if the monthly or yearly cost is reasonable

12 28.57%
  • Sure, if it encourages better game development

4 9.52%
  • Nevar! I will only pay once for a game!

23 54.76%
  • No. I don't buy games anyway.

3 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you willing to pay for games with subscription?

I get to play with SWG tomorrow.
    Last edited by GokuSS2; July 15th, 2003 at 03:17 PM.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Just started a new guy on Intrepid Galaxy

2 guesses as to his name and the first dont count

SWG still blows my mind Whoo!

Toke before playing SWG

after SWG

no games.

no PC at home ('cept for the Stinkpad)

I ain't got time enough as it is much less play games.
    It's good to be the King.

After playing Everquest for 4 years, I have to say paying for an online game is worth it. Everquest has been the only game to keep my interest for longer then a few months. Although the game play of EQ is the same day in and day out the character interaction is what kept me playing. I truely did have an investment in my character's development, besides just time and money. I made more friends in EQ then I have in any other online game.

The free online games like Warcraft and such are nice to play, but the repetition of those games gets boring for me quite fast.

I'm still an Earth and Beyond fan.

They've gotten most of the bugs worked out, the patch/update file sizes are not too bad (considering I'm still running V.92 dialup)...and like it was mentioned earlier, it's one of the few games that's held my attention for more than a few months.

Plus, with 5 alter-egos, the rest of the family gets to play as well on the same account....wife/kidz play during the day or after school, and by the time I get home from work they've had their fill for the day, so no probs with my time online.

The only other games I own that keep my attention for this long is Flight Sim 2002 Pro (because it's too cold to fly my PPC during the winter ), and Auran's Trainz (although it's only single-player, there's so much third-party support, plus a huge user community).
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

I don't think I'll be paying for any online gaming for awhile. I play mostly FPS anyway. I don't like the whole "Let's be friends." thing. I just want to shoot people.

As for cheating, I tend to play mainly right after a patch. There is often a window of time before new cheats get common. I binge play anyway. I go on a rampage and play for about 5 hours a day for about 4-5 days and then give it up for about a month. If I was paying, I feel like I would be wasting money.

America's Army and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory are free.
    Indeterminism. There's nothing you can do about it.

Well there thats one of the great things about this game there Jim. Ya see you can switch between 3rd and 1st person, so its really not that much diff from a shooter. The only exception to the previous of course is that yes it is a RPG style game so that when you choose to attack, instead of shooting right away, the game"rolls" your attack to see what ya get for the attack. After only 3 days on Scylia Galaxy, I have to say that this game is now my new addiction. I must warn you play this game, it WILL grab you by the throat sit you down and it will force you to play So be forewarned. Asside from that this game gets

TUD

Hi there,

If companies want my money for online playing. I want this rule...

No cheating or hacks allowed, if you're caught doing it or using it, a complete ban, no warning, nothing, just ban from playing, no refund or any crap like that! Zero telorance is the key!

I'm sick of these $#%#^% ruining my fun on the games I play. Up yours!

Jules...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

I would never Pay $10 a month to play online games. Thats too much a year. I would Pay about $50 a Year, IF I like the game, AND they Garn-Teed NO CHEATING by anyone! I would pay money for CHEAT FREE GAMING ACTION.

Like stated before, I have no beef paying 10 to 15 dollars a month....IF its worth it.

But as it stands right now the only basis I have to go on for playing SWG is by word of mouth. And I only put that so far.

If I go out and buy it play for a month and decide its not for me....I just wasted 75 dollars. Thats alot of money to just burn away. Say you play for 6 months, cause playing for only one month just isnt enough time to graps what all the game has to offer.....and decide its just not for you. Your out 150 dollars. Thats just to much money. Especially since the game is buggy, and the quest system is broken from what I hear.

If Im going to be outlaying that kinda of cash, it better work the first time every time and all the time.

Now...if they only charged me 10 dollars to download it and try it out for a month. That would be an acceptable policy. The problem with that though is all the companies bank on that first release to bring them out of the red hole they dug themselves into while making the game.

Ahh well..like said before. Americas Army and Enemy Territory...free to get and free to play. And both happen to be relatively cheat free and lag free.
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

I thought I'd never pay per month.. I was the biggest critic against it, until my friend borrowed me his account for 1 day. Needless to say.. that got me addicted.

I'll pay as long as they keep adding content. I play enough games where I would definately get my money worth.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by inferno_gn
    Hi there,

If companies want my money for online playing. I want this rule...

No cheating or hacks allowed, if you're caught doing it or using it, a complete ban, no warning, nothing, just ban from playing, no refund or any crap like that! Zero telorance is the key!

I'm sick of these $#%#^% ruining my fun on the games I play. Up yours!

Jules...
    Gotta prevent lame asses also, and I MIGHT pay $5 a month, but they can eat **** and die before they think Im gonna pay $10
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by Necrometal
    The pay per play markety is already balloned out as much as it can. There are only so many gamers, and only so much are willing to shel out the cash to play on a broadband (which pretty much all the new multis require to be playable)
    Actually, some companies are catering to the modem users...I am beta testing FFXI on a dial-up through crappy, noise ridden lines, and I have had no problems so far.....
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

I just bought Star Wars Galaxies. I guess this will teach me to read the box first. I didn't realize until I got it home that it's like Ultima. I can't play it at home on my own. It's all online. It's not that I mind that but I really don't have the time to put into something like this. Bla.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    I just bought Star Wars Galaxies. I guess this will teach me to read the box first. I didn't realize until I got it home that it's like Ultima. I can't play it at home on my own. It's all online. It's not that I mind that but I really don't have the time to put into something like this. Bla.
    Yeah, it does take some time. Fun, though. See if you can trade it for Knights of the Old Republic when it comes out for PC since it's 1 player.
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die