For those using 3rd party Nvidia tweaks - beware
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For those using 3rd party Nvidia tweaks - beware

For those using 3rd party Nvidia tweaks - beware

Omegacorner has been forced to quit making nvidia drivers better for gamers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Another nudge for me in ATI's direction when I upgrade my graphics card.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Originally posted by a d e p t
    Another nudge for me in ATI's direction when I upgrade my graphics card.
    Thats exactly what I thought

hate to say it, Im a big nvidia fan, but if there ganna act like m$ then a point for ati from me

Well

It isnt enuff that a company like Nvidia bullies another company like Futuremark. Thats almost understandable in the big company playground. When they go after someone like the person doing omega drivers it all turns to ****e awfull fast. How petty and low can you get? I mean come on the guy is doing some very very good work there and they are so petty they tell him to stop or face legal action. I use the ATI Radeon driver pack he produces and it is by far and away the best driver set I have seen. Every possible option is taken into consideration. I for 1 know that there wont be a system going out the door with a nvidia video card in it. Thats right I am only 1 person but Every journey begins with 1 step
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

This is interesting. Do many of you use this guy's drivers and as said above, do they work very well? I understand the hostility towards nvidia and support it, but have to make a statement.

What is the state of things in companies where 1 guy can rewrite their drivers and make them a world better? Really. How many of you have to deal with crap drivers from video card manufacturers. Drivers on CD that will actually cripple a system perminantly or updates that just don't do what they say they will. How does it get like this? I see this guy praising ATI on his site but honestly at least half of the updates I have DLed from them for my various ATI cards have screwed something up while fixing something else. Not knocking them, I understand my device/system is different than the next guys but again. How does 1 guy do it better than 2 or more giant companies?

Sorry about the rant but does anyone agree?

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    This is interesting. Do many of you use this guy's drivers and as said above, do they work very well? I understand the hostility towards nvidia and support it, but have to make a statement.

What is the state of things in companies where 1 guy can rewrite their drivers and make them a world better? Really. How many of you have to deal with crap drivers from video card manufacturers. Drivers on CD that will actually cripple a system perminantly or updates that just don't do what they say they will. How does it get like this? I see this guy praising ATI on his site but honestly at least half of the updates I have DLed from them for my various ATI cards have screwed something up while fixing something else. Not knocking them, I understand my device/system is different than the next guys but again. How does 1 guy do it better than 2 or more giant companies?

I dont know but I can tell you that if he gets support from the company that wrote the originals then I would say he must be onto something there. I use his drivers alot and they are very stable. Agreed a few years ago Ati had deplorable driver support but I would say in the last 2 years they have made huge progress. As to why he does it better, I would guess its just a passion for him
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Originally posted by ilovetheusers

That's the point, nvidia accused him of reverse engineering the drivers, he doesn't he tweaks them using standard patches, registry values etc and repackages with the tweaks in place. As he said the only thing they could get him for was having the nvidia logo on his site... Anyone else with the patience and understanding of what things to do what with the drivers could do what he does.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Dammit

Originally posted by NooNoo
    That's the point, nvidia accused him of reverse engineering the drivers, he doesn't he tweaks them using standard patches, registry values etc and repackages with the tweaks in place. As he said the only thing they could get him for was having the nvidia logo on his site... Anyone else with the patience and understanding of what things to do what with the drivers could do what he does.
    She allways says it way better
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

FYI. I used the radeon drivers from his site and my TV wonder stopped functioning and games would not play. Didn't try anything else, uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers from the website and a few other ATI items for the last few hours to fix things. Either I did something very wrong or my system just hated the drivers. Oh well.

Anytime Ive needed a system to be balls to the walls performance...with no regard for anything else. I use Omega drivers. Hands down they have the best tweaks, and the most optomization around.

As far as how one guy could do it better than 2 large companies....

There is a statement in the business world.

A groups intelligence is only as high as its dumbest member.
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    His drivers sucked for my Radeon 9000, I honestly acnt blame nvidia for wanting him to remove them, I worked with stupid users long enough to realise that they blame anyone but themselves for their **** ups. I can just see 500 people a day bitching to nvidia because the drivers they used didnt work and since they have nvidias name on them that they are responsible.

It sucks that they have to resort to this type of measures, but I cant say I blame them.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer
    His drivers sucked for my Radeon 9000, I honestly acnt blame nvidia for wanting him to remove them
    Why would Nvidia want him to remove sucky ATI drivers???
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!