Patriot Computers

Thread: Patriot Computers

Patriot Computers

Hi,

I've got a Patriot PK-500-20 computer which I have had to replace the motherboard with an msi board. The problem is that the power, hdd led and pwr led connectors are on a single block connector and are not labelled. Does anyone know where I may be able to get the pinout diagram for these connectors so I can atleast connect the power button?

Cheers

Paul

It's Ok, I have now sorted it, I had to get my continuity testers out and check each wire pair pushing the power button!

Cheers

Paul

Paul would you mind posting your findings for other Patriot users?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry NooNoo,

Should have done that in the first place.

The pair of wires which are connected to the power switch for this Patriot model are the black and white wires. I didn't have time to fathem out which were the HDD and PWR LED wires though.

Cheers

Paul

Just for information's sake, I took the time to track down drivers for the Barbie PC - I have them all in one archive. I will have them available on my site soon - in the meantime, PM me if you need 'em.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Hi! I think the Barbie comp uses the same drivers as the Hot Wheels. If so, then I could sure use those drivers! I just bought a Hot Wheels comp for $20.00 It works fine except the CD-Rom will not stay closed or read a cd. When I shut the rom it just opens .. then closes ... and re-opens again. *sigh* I got this for my 2 year old Grand-daughter because she absolutely loves a PC! I thought this would be good for her so she will stay off mine when she visits. I want to be able to install educational software for her but I can't if the cd-rom want close and read. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello moonchild64, welcome to WinDrivers.

You've picked up on a topic from two years ago, archangel hasn't been active here this year and doesn't list his website on his public profile.

You could try emailing, but in most cases there is no further driver used for the CD beyond Windows' own internal ATAPI drivers. The problem you're having is almost certainly caused by a fault with the little switch inside the CD drive which registers the drawer closed. The switch can break, become dislodged or get some tarnish or grit between the contacts, and fail to register, so for most people, finding a substitute for the drive is the way around.

There is also a joke program that can be put on a system to keep opening the CD. If you suspect this could have happened, we could help with a search of the system, or if you're happy to open the computer case, you could unplug the flat data cable from the CD drive, and turn the system on to see if the drawer still keeps ejecting. If it does, the fault is in the drive itself, if it stays closed, the open instruction is being given by something on the computer.

That computer uses a standard cd-rom, and can be replaced by same. If you need the drivers, I do have them some where, (hehehe) let me know and I'll look for them.
    "More Than Merely Names"
    "NEVER FORGOTTEN"