Hey guys. I am a very active gamer. I have a rather large collection of games and consoles and enjoy playing them or a regular basis, mainly my xbox. And finally, every one of my friends has an xbox. Some of them have large TVs, so multiplayer gaming isnt too bad. (a 65" widescreen HDTV is plenty for 4 people) but my one friend has a 25" tv, and i have a 26", which is Ok with one or two people, but when split 4 ways, is rather small. I moved a few months ago so i live about 150 miles away from them. We dont get together too often, but when we do, an all night Halo-fest is bound to happen. Usually there are 3 or 4 of us playing, which is crowded on a smaller TV. SO my brilliant idea is to take my own xbox and screen, and do some LAN play. the only problem is, the only TV i have is a 26" and not much fun to carry around.

I thought about buyinga small TV, but still not much fun to drag around, and usually lack the RCA inputs. I know they make 5.6" LCDs especially for xbox, but that is just too small.

so this brings me to the conclusion that I should buy a vga adpater for my xbox. this way i can either connect to my friends monitor when I am there, or take my own. But taking my own is alot like takinga tv...not much fun. SO i am considering a 15" LCD monitor.

I found this vga adapter that I am considering buying:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=3491&

iot is $80
I would also need to buy the xbox High Definition pack so i could get the component outputs. there is another $20 so I am looking at $100, plus an LCD later on. (i can use his CRT for a while)

There are cheaper VGA adapters, that have composite and S-Video inputs, but this one supports 480p, 720p and 1080i, so it would be like my own little High Definition display. but i have a few questions:

1. Does anyone here use a vga adapter for their console, and if so, how do you like it?

2. does anyone here play games on an LCD, and if so, how is it? is there alot of motion blur?

3. Is an LCD capable of the high definition display like a crt is? and does it have to support a certain resolution in order for it to work?

4. Do you guys think it is worth it?

I dont plan on using this as a primary gaming setup..i will still use my TV when at home, but i would like a semi-portable gaming solution, so when i travel, i can still play. ANd also wheni visit my family, i dont have to take up their TV just to play a little Halo or Outlaw Volleyball.