Cost of Microsoft Exams

Thread: Cost of Microsoft Exams

Cost of Microsoft Exams

I was told by a tech in PC World that the cost of the exams has come down and that it is now about £170 to take all seven exams for MCSE - is this true?

I think he might be a bit optimistic ... maybe each ! or less !!

I've found 'parts' available 'exam only' from £45-50 each ... but when I went to school 50 x 7 was 350 ... some though -usually the ones that can't be taken 'stand alone' as some other quali like mcp are dearer, more like the £170 he said for the whole lot ...

Maybe you can find someone who'll do them as a 'job lot' & give you that much discount ... but I'd say you are looking at least double that 'exam only' potentially more depandant on what modules you mix up to acheive MCSE ...

Sorry I should have made myself clear.

I meant cost to TAKE the actual exam with Microsoft not the practice papers. I was told Microsoft are block charging around £170 in the UK for candidates taking all seven exams instead of the hundred pounds or so per MCP component they were charging.

Or is this another computer superstore generated rumour?

Now I am confused

Talking He-he-he ... a 'bunch' of confus-eds ?

No I meant £50 per actual 'taken' exam, not practice ...

If M$ are offering a 'block' price for the whole lot you are ahead of me ...

You can definately take the 'whole lot' 'exam only' for less than the cost of one 'taught' module (usually - but if you fail it's another 'whatever' each time)...

Go back & ask him for a link ! ... he really shouldn't be giving 'advice' that he can't back up

... though that's 'pot, kettle' ... I do it ALL the time ! ...

Even fifty quid per exam is better than one hundred so I will take the MCSE modules at College which builds on the Systems Management and Networking I have just completed and I will attempt at least one Microsoft exam. The College are not sure which modules they will be offering or whether there will be funding to allow concessions for broke pensioners like me but it will be on one mudule per term basis.

I was all set to sign up for Cisco Academy and my tutor had accepted me(he teaches the MS stuff and Cisco)then he told me the College had done a turnabout on funding and the course would not be available for concessions after all

I have decided to give programming a miss and concentrate on Networking/Routing and MCSE stuff for now. I have progressed enough in hardware that I can continue that on my own now.

Right folks, don't laugh, but my goal is MCSE however long it takes and however grey I get!