Alright, the computer at the place where I work is having some trouble, and it seems to have fallen to me & one of the other workers to get it working again... I'm out of ideas though.

First of all, here's the setup:

Intel D850EMV2 Motherboard
Pentium 4 1.8ghz
1gb RDRAM
4 Plextor 12/12/32S SCSI CD burners on a PCI SCSI Adapter
DVD Drive
4 (hopefully 6) hard drives (see below)

Now here's the current setup for the hard drives:

Primary IDE Channel on Motherboard:
Master: Hard Drive 1 (C:\)
Slave: DVD Drive

Secondary IDE Channel on Motherboard:
(doesn't work, see below)
Master: Hard Drive 5 (new)
Slave: Hard Drive 6 (new)

Primary IDE Channel on PCI IDE Controller:
Master: Hard Drive 2 (D:\)
Slave: Hard Drive 3 (E:\)

Secondary IDE Channel on PCI IDE Controller:
Master: Hard Drive 4 (F:\)
Slave: empty

Now, on to the problem. A little while ago, we had 4 hard drives, 1 one the primary IDE channel of the mobo with a DVD drive, two on the secondary channel, and one on the PCI IDE controller. Then we decided that we needed two more. So we bought them and tried to install them. During the process of installing, we had to move stuff around inside the case to get it to fit, which required unplugging drives.

Unfortunately, we forgot which drive went to which plug. Once we got it mostly straightened out, we discovered a few problems.

1) The Secondary IDE Channel on the motherboard no longer works. If any drives are connected to it, Windows 2000 will hang at the splash screen. Therefore we can't hook up all the drives. Is this a problem with the motherboard, or maybe the drives? I'm stumped on this.

2) When we got the D:\ drive connected, it wouldn't work... it would show up under My Computer, but you couldn't access it. We ran scandisk, and it created 10,000 .chk files on the drive... We can now use the drive, but all the data is lost. What can we do to prevent that from happening in the future? What may have caused it? Also, there are only about 20gb of files on the drive if you add up the file sizes, but if you view the drive properties it says that there is only 1.4gb left out of 100gb. Is there a way to fix this? Will formatting do it?

I think that's it. If I think of anything else important, I'll edit the post. Thanks in advance.