A Real Humdinger....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Real Humdinger....

A Real Humdinger....

Ever wonder why a major automotive firm would sell a vehicle that gets only 10mpg? Check it out
    Last edited by Orangeman; August 1st, 2003 at 01:52 PM.
    Bouncy Bouncy

"To showcase the Hummer's cutting-edge really-big engine technology, and explain how it fits into the lifestyle of the forward-thinking 50s American, we're playing off the popularity of some of today's hottest musical acts," said GM vice-president of marketing Jim Clenndennen."

The trouble is that I understand people are actually buying these.
    The american solution to global warming.

We have the Vickers Company here in Newcastle I wonder if they a going to do a version of the Challenger 2 Tank for home to office commuting. I would then be able to take a more direct route to work.
    The lunatics are running the Country

Originally posted by constructor
    [B....The trouble is that I understand people are actually buying these.
    The american solution to global warming..... [/B]
    First "Dubya" said global warming didn't exist, so he exited the Treaty on Global Warming because it wasn't doing anything. The he was confronted with incontrovertible evidence that it DID exist, then he said 'well, so what, we can't do anything about it anyway..'

Now that we've had the hottest summer 50 years worldwide President George II announced yesterday that he was going to appoint a '10-year commission' to study the problem...'

IF we haven't all fried to death by then.
    Bouncy Bouncy

Hey now - be nice - he's just remebering his roots....

...in the texas oil industries...
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Its all those stinken Volcanos!! Why hasn't the EPA slapped some kinda fine or charge on Mother Nature?!??!?
    W

Actually some of the more recent studies and measurements put greenhouse gases, the Ozone layer, and greenhouse effect leveling off now or fairly soon. Overall greenhouse gas production has dropped sharply in the last decade or two.

And if you want to get nilly willy about it.

A herd of cows and bulls in texas produce more methane (a lethal greenhouse gas) per year than your average oil or coal burning power plant.
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Originally posted by Necrometal
    A herd of cows and bulls in texas produce more methane (a lethal greenhouse gas) per year than your average oil or coal burning power plant.
    It's all Cleetus' fault!!!! Call the EPA!!
    W

damn cattle. they're killingour planet. We should just chop them up and eat 'em for that!
    It's good to be the King.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar

Re: A Real Humdinger....

Originally posted by Orangeman
    Ever wonder why a major automotive firm would sell a vehicle that gets only 10mpg? Check it out
    Because people who have far more money than brains and care far more about image than anything else buy em like they were sex in a jar.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Re: Re: A Real Humdinger....

Originally posted by FatalException0E
    Because people who have far more money than brains and care far more about image than anything else buy em like they were sex in a jar.
    Hey! My truck only gets 14mpg and I love it. Great visibility, road clearance, and lots of metal between me and any idiot that might run into me.

Then again your comment is perhaps more astute than I'd prefer to admit. If Costco sold sex in a jar I'd buy it by the pallet.
    If it's true that wherever you go, there you are: how come so many people look lost?

Originally posted by Orangeman
    First "Dubya" said global warming didn't exist, so he exited the Treaty on Global Warming because it wasn't doing anything. The he was confronted with incontrovertible evidence that it DID exist, then he said 'well, so what, we can't do anything about it anyway..'

Now that we've had the hottest summer 50 years worldwide President George II announced yesterday that he was going to appoint a '10-year commission' to study the problem...'

IF we haven't all fried to death by then.
    We've also had the longest winter in a long time and the ozone hole has shrunk. Go figure.

Re: Re: Re: A Real Humdinger....

Originally posted by cisco2
    Hey! My truck only gets 14mpg and I love it. Great visibility, road clearance, and lots of metal between me and any idiot that might run into me.

Then again your comment is perhaps more astute than I'd prefer to admit. If Costco sold sex in a jar I'd buy it by the pallet.
    ...and your truck is probably a well designed vehicle, clad in steel, and made for a purpose....other than sucking money out of people.
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by meatwad
    We've also had the longest winter in a long time and the ozone hole has shrunk. Go figure.
    It's a french conspiracy to sell left over gas masks from WWII
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Originally posted by meatwad
    Who said the Ozone hole has shrunk? Last I heard it was the size of Australia?
    Bouncy Bouncy

Here's a good question....
    Do we have proof that there was any time when there WASN'T a hole in the ozone layer? I've heard of core samples taken in Antartica showing greenhouse gasses existed in much larger concentrations several million years ago than what we've had in the last couple of decades.

Is it possible that maybe that hole being there, and going through cycles of growing and shrinking is perfectly natural?
    || |||| | |||| |||