For the ladies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For the ladies

For the ladies

my wife suggested I post this little tidbit she found surfing "the knot" message boards. She thought the ladies here might appreciate it . . . . . . . so here it is.

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a
    distinct slow-down in the overall performance, particularly in the
    flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such
    as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable
    programs such as NFL 5.0, NHL 4.3, MLB 3.0, and NBA 3.6.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes
    the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, to no
    avail.

What can I do?
    Signed,
    Desperate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Desperate:
    First, keep in mind that Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package,
    while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System.

Try to enter the command: "C:/ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME" to download Tears 6.2,
    which should automatically install Guilt 3.0. If that application works
    as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications
    Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

Remember, though, that overuse of the above application can cause
    Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 6.1.
    Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create Snoring Loudly 10.8.

Whatever you do: DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 or reinstall another
    Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash
    Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited
    memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying
    additional software to improve memory and performance.

I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 7.7.
    Good Luck,
    Tech Support
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Tell me about it....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    Only problem is that we have moved to Wife 2.0 which is no longer able to run the Hot food programs and will not recognize the Lingerie suite.

I've seen that one before...a classic.

Kudos to your wife for sharing!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Dear desperate,
    Please remember Husband 1.0 may be suffering from efficiency problems due to the over use of programs such as Checkbook 1.0 which is an add-on to expensive new suite 1.1,Brand new car 2 and New dresses weekly 3 requiring the excessive use of Overtime nightly 4HR which is hampered by using programs like Nosex 4U.

Try running Boysnightout at weekly intervals and Loving wife 1 at every opportunity having babysitter 2 running in the background will help you get Weekend away 4-2 up and running and should resolve many problems.

Originally posted by Cleetus
    Only problem is that we have moved to Wife 2.0 which is no longer able to run the Hot food programs and will not recognize the Lingerie suite.
    Hot food was ever an available option!?! I get Lingerie Suite working some of the time, but there is that Unsightly Nightgown 1.0 that just snarls its way into the Bedroom, and invokes Popup Killer 7.2, to which there is no known cure!

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    If you want to install the lingerie suite, you first have to go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Giant Cotton Bloomers 2.0.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ya_know
    Hot food was ever an available option!?! I get Lingerie Suite working some of the time, but there is that Unsightly Nightgown 1.0 that just snarls its way into the Bedroom, and invokes Popup Killer 7.2, to which there is no known cure!
    Dont forget raggedy Tshirt 3.1
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

The worst thing about wife 1.0 and wife 2.0 is the monthly maintanance program codenamed pms, which makes every service on the husband 1.0 program to malfunction and go into hibernation for one full week. There is no known fix
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Popup Killer 7.2

ROFL
    If it's true that wherever you go, there you are: how come so many people look lost?

Unsightly Nightgown 1.0 that just snarls its way into the Bedroom, and invokes Popup Killer 7.2, to which there is no known cure!
    Boobies 2.0 always fixed popup killer for me, but it requires a quick removal of unsightly nightgown

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer
    Boobies 2.0 always fixed popup killer for me, but it requires a quick removal of unsightly nightgown
    Yes, but when Unsightly Nightgown is running, that implies the Monthly Maintenance service is running as well. This typically means all versions of Boobies will be inaccessible. There are tweaks that occasionally have been known to throw Codename PMS into a horny loop providing a short-term exposure of Boobies. But depending on the CPU Cycles used by PMS, this may only prove to be a short-term joy, leading to Blue Balls XP.

Trust me, your best bet is to let the Popup killer run its course…the last thing you want is Blue Balls XP. The worst lack-of-release software ever manufactured…but then there was always the ME release, good for short term control...

Be EXTREMELY careful if you're planning on using Back Orafice on Wife 1.0 without setting it up through scheduled updates. Trying to run it straight through the command prompt could result in Wife 1.0 crashing and Husband 1.0 getting caught in a feedback loop with couch 3.5.

Having No Boobies running can prevent the very important Horizontal Dancing and Jiggy Jiggy programs from running at a regular intervals as they are supposed to.
    Which in turn leaves the system wide open for viruses such as Looking at other women and No I`m not married,which are both nasty and unwanted programs and can cause system termination under the Divorce Lawyer protocol.
    Last edited by Archer; July 31st, 2003 at 03:24 PM.

And also be cautious of Trojans. Although they may help increase Husband 1.0's efficiency as well as prevent the spawning of bots, they may make Husband 1.0 more reluctant to initiate datalinks with Wife 1.0.