Perplexed

Thread: Perplexed

Perplexed

We recently just migrated a user to our domain and got them setup on our exchange server. They have an internal box and external email box on the mail server and are able to retrieve or send anything.

Its not that she can't send. Its that she sends to much.

Some of our staff will get two emails from her. Each identical, one using the internal address as a return address and one using the external address as a return address.

And vice versa..sometimes when client will send her a mail, only those with an external mail box, will send her two exactly identical copies. One addressed to the interal, the other the external.

My curiosity is that everything Ive tried to resolve the issue is not working.

I know it has something to do with the fact that she docks at work here to access the network and then takes her laptop home with her and uses her broadband connection to remotely connect in at home.

I thought maybe it was a settings on exchange server, but everything Ive tried there does nothing for the problem.

Now Im pretty sure its something that was done during the setup of outlook on her computer, but after blowing out her outlook settings and redoing them by the book....Im stumped.

its friday, and my brain is suffering from a serious memory leak in its programming.

Any ideas guys?
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

OK I'm no Exchange Admin., but what about this and is she setup to leave copies on the server, and does this behaviour continue if you disable that?

Also exchange version and email client make and model needed pleez
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Thanks for the link, had found one similar, but didnt quite explain it that well...at least not as well as this one.

Gonna try that today.

Sorry about not telling the viersions..it was friday and I was ready to get the heck out of there.

Exchange 2k, and Outlook2k

I'll post later today if this solves it
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.