[RESOLVED] Problems reinstalling windows(Can't detect mouse)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problems reinstalling windows(Can't detect mouse)

dt

Angry Problems reinstalling windows(Can't detect mouse)

This may be a driver problem or maybe not?!

I reformatted the harddrive and reinstalled windows. Everything went flawlessly, except the mouse. It will not detect the mouse. I have tried all kinds of drivers with no luck. It is a serial mouse port, but I have a PS/2 mouse with serial adapter connected to it. This is a friend's old computer so I don't have a serial mouse to try, but is there a possibility that the PS/2 mouse will not work with the serial adapter.

I have all the orginal disks that came with the PC and installed everything fine(just with no mouse).

So inconclusion, is there problems with Windows detecting a mouse if you are using a PS/2 mouse with serial port adapter on an old PC??

Thanks!!

DT

From what I have seen it seems that 75% of the time those adapters fo not work.

You cannot use a standard ps2 mouse connected to a serial port!! The adapters are only for use with a dual mouse that is built with ps2 and serial circuitry.

dt

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick replies!

I will grab an old serial mouse from work tomorrow and make sure it works when I get home. Then I can give this old POS back to him.

DT