AD-hoc wireless issue PLEASE HELP!

Thread: AD-hoc wireless issue PLEASE HELP!

AD-hoc wireless issue PLEASE HELP!

I am seting up a wireless network for 2 pcs for a client. I am using 2 Compex WLU11A USB network adapters. The problem that we are having is that they will not STAY on AD_HOC mode- they keep going back to infrastructure mode, and then they cannot communicate. Both systems are running win98se.

Once i configure the systems, they can communicate fine, until the pc is rebooted- then it defaults back to the factory settings.

Has any one had experience with these adapters running in Adhoc mode?

There is a section that you can create new profiles, so i tried creating a new profile with the settings i need, but when the comptuer is rebooted, it goes back to the default profile- does not stay on the new profile. I figured no problem- i would delete the default profile- it does not let you.

Any ideas? I am lost here- and compex was not any help- the 2 people i spoke 2 have never even seen one setup with windows 98, so they aren't sure what to do.

thanks-- i have to go in first thing tomorrow and try and resolve this issue....
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Anyone?

FINALLY got a solution...

In case anyone else ever runs into this, I did come up with a solution.

The software would not allow me to edit the default profile, and the default profile was always coming up. As it turns out, this information is stored in the windows registry-- I was able to edit the registry keys with the information that I needed and all is good now.

Compex was surprised- they had not thought of doing it that way.